Re: [softrock40] Re: Frequency Drift with Softrock Lite II IF & FT-950

  • Bill Richarz
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
      Thanks Bob,

      Knew it was still pretty small.  It's really not a big deal.  Only when I click on a signal and the radio and SDR does not match for first 30 minutes.  I listen to audio from radio anyway.  Just curious what was drifting.

      73 de Bill, N4DH

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
        I use a lite II with my TS-940 and found that it drifts a bit. I eliminated the rig fairly early in my investigations. Unfortunately, I haven't had enough time to finish up what I was doing. In the interim, I use WWV and readjust the IF offset in PowerSDR-IF when I start operating. This works for me.

        Pat
        WB2GBF
      • Clive Jenner
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
          I would think that if your within 60Hz of a frequency on switch on with
          any item of frequency determining equipment, then that would be good
          enough for science!

          It's good practice to let equipment have a chance to reach thermal
          equilibrium., before you wish to use it.

          73 Clive GW0PPO