Re: [softrock40] emsemble 2 RX

  • R. R. (Robby) Robson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
      For what it's worth, I encountered this issue a couple weeks back and it turned out that one of the zener diodes in the LO/Control circuit had a broken lead and this was enough to mess up the data exchange (enumeration) between the ATTINY85 and the PC.  Put a replacement diode in and the PC suddenly could enumerate and recognize the device.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
        You steered me in the right area. It wasn't the diodes it was R4. I had a brn_blk_orange (10K) in place of a brn_blk_green (1meg). I switched out that resistor and it started working just like it was supposed to.

        Thanks,

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
          Like the docs say, when troubleshooting, the usual suspects are, in order of freequency of occurrence:
           - soldering
           - soldering
           - wrong component, right place
           - wrong place, right component