Re: [softrock40] Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)

    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
      From: "barry_bogart"
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)

      > Rocky immediately bluescreens when I click on 'start' 8e/90 error.
      >
      > WinradHD bluescreens after I click start; The panel from the DLL saying
      > 'not connected - click start' does come up when I select the input 570.
      > Same 8e/90 error. Before Winrad comes up I get: 'External
      > Exception -EEFFACE error'.

      You seem to have a problem that may be due to a driver. This is often the
      reason for a blue screen.
      Make a note of the group of numbers on the blue screen and use a search
      engine. It may help you to find out the problem.
      Perhaps it's the soundcard driver, try a USB.

      I seem to recall a version of PSDR for netbooks do a search for that as
      well.

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
        From: "barry_bogart"

        > BUT PowerSDR works fine! AFAIK. But of course it doesn't fit on the
        > netbook screen. That's great, but I'd like to get Winrad working.

        Looks like it's being developed
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenesisRadio/message/5032>

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • barry_bogart
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 3, 2010
          I tried that version and it didn't work on my netbook. Various other versions of Psdr fail too... So I am trying 'PowerSDR v1.9.0 sr40' now....

          > From: "barry_bogart"
          > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)
          >

          > > BUT PowerSDR works fine! AFAIK. But of course it doesn't fit on the
          > > netbook screen. That's great, but I'd like to get Winrad working.
          > >

          > Looks like it's being developed
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenesisRadio/message/5032>
          >
          > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • barry_bogart