Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)

  • barry_bogart
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
      I verified that USB control was working by redoing the R12/13 logic switching under Cnfg conrol.

      Rocky immediately bluescreens when I click on 'start' 8e/90 error.

      WinradHD bluescreens after I click start; The panel from the DLL saying 'not connected - click start' does come up when I select the input 570. Same 8e/90 error. Before Winrad comes up I get: 'External Exception -EEFFACE error'.

      I tried all three USB ports (all passed the R12/13 test); I did get a crash in MFC42.dll on one of those ports.

      BUT PowerSDR works fine! AFAIK. But of course it doesn't fit on the netbook screen. That's great, but I'd like to get Winrad working.

      Thanks and 73
      Barry, VE7VIE

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
        From: "barry_bogart"
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)

        > Rocky immediately bluescreens when I click on 'start' 8e/90 error.
        >
        > WinradHD bluescreens after I click start; The panel from the DLL saying
        > 'not connected - click start' does come up when I select the input 570.
        > Same 8e/90 error. Before Winrad comes up I get: 'External
        > Exception -EEFFACE error'.

        You seem to have a problem that may be due to a driver. This is often the
        reason for a blue screen.
        Make a note of the group of numbers on the blue screen and use a search
        engine. It may help you to find out the problem.
        Perhaps it's the soundcard driver, try a USB.

        I seem to recall a version of PSDR for netbooks do a search for that as
        well.

        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
          From: "barry_bogart"

          > BUT PowerSDR works fine! AFAIK. But of course it doesn't fit on the
          > netbook screen. That's great, but I'd like to get Winrad working.

          Looks like it's being developed
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenesisRadio/message/5032>

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • barry_bogart
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 3, 2010
            I tried that version and it didn't work on my netbook. Various other versions of Psdr fail too... So I am trying 'PowerSDR v1.9.0 sr40' now....

            > From: "barry_bogart"
            > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Winrad, Rocky crash on XP netbook (Ensemble Rx2)
            >

            > > BUT PowerSDR works fine! AFAIK. But of course it doesn't fit on the
            > > netbook screen. That's great, but I'd like to get Winrad working.
            > >

            > Looks like it's being developed
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenesisRadio/message/5032>
            >
            > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          • barry_bogart