Re: [softrock40] SI570 won't change freq

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      From: "wgalaugher"
      Subject: [softrock40] SI570 won't change freq

      > all works but the Si570 will not change freq. I have checked everything
      > around it and appears ok. It puts out a startup freq but will not change
      > freq with CFGSR. No errors in the software. It is recognized; the USB is
      > recognized.

      If CFGSR starts and connects then there is no connection between the AVR and
      the Si570.
      Usually the connection not soldered properly at each end. Otherwise
      something else on the I2C connections.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
        From the builders notes:
        Troubleshooting Hints
        Si570 Does Not Respond to Control Signals

        Soldering on the Si570 is the most usual problem with lack of control, providing the USB is properly recognised.

        (usually pins 7 and/or 8 on the Si570.  They have caused many a builder to lose great clumps of hair and incur massive dents in the forehead.

        > all works but the Si570 will not change freq. I have checked everything
        > around it and appears ok. It puts out a startup freq but will not change
        > freq with CFGSR. No errors in the software. It is recognized; the USB is
        > recognized.

        If CFGSR starts and connects then there is no connection between the AVR and
        the Si570.
        Usually the connection not soldered properly at each end. Otherwise
        something else on the I2C connections.

        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson