Ensemble kit availability

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      Good Morning All,

      Filling of open orders for RX and RXTX Ensemble kits is dependent on when additional CMOS Si570 devices, now on order, get to me. Hopefully, that will happen this week.

      Additional circuit boards for the Lite II kit, the RX Ensemble II kit and the RXTX Ensemble kit are on order and should come in early next week. The additional circuit boards and Si570 devices should make it possible to ship about 100 kits within the next week.

      I presently have a built/tested RX Ensemble II HF receiver that is extra to my needs. If anyone is interested in a built tested HF RX Ensemble II receiver, please contact me directly.

      Thanks for your interest in the kits and many kit orders. I continue to hope the kits are fun and useful for people.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
        Good Morning All,

        The SoftRock kits are a retirement activity for me and on a good day I can pack and mail about twenty to thirty Ensemble kits. Availability of circuit boards and Si570 devices limit the number of kits that can make available from week to week. I enjoy getting the kits together and the kind comments people make concerning the kits make the activity fun for me. I do run the kit activity to make some profit to help with retirement expenses for my wife and me.

        The kits have resulted from good input from a number of people over the last four years. Also a number of people in this group make a great contribution to others being successful with one of the kits. I continue to very much appreciate the kit orders and greatly appreciate the help people in this group provide to each other.

        Kit availability this week is looking good with 100 RX Ensemble II circuit boards due in later this week. Additional Si570 devices are also due in later this week and I am planing on making forty more of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver kits and fifty of the RX Ensemble II kits availabe on my website by Thursday.

        Kit shipments today will include more than twenty RXTX Ensemble transceiver kits as well as fifteen Lite II Combined kits.

        Thanks for your kit orders and interest in the kits!

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG
      • Russ Hines

          Message 4 of 9 , May 12, 2011
            Good Evening All,

            Good progress this week in catching up on open orders for RX ans RXTX Ensemble kits.

            I am in a good position to offer additional RX Ensemble II kits, RXTX Ensemble kits and Lite II kits on my website this evening. Kits offered this evening will start shipping by the end of this week and mostly ship next week.

            I have just about committed to getting over to Dayton on Saturday afternoon, May 21. If I am able to make the trip, I will take along twenty or thirty Ensemble kits.

            Thanks for the many kit orders and I am alway hopeful that the kits are useful and fun for people.

            Thanks and 73,
            Tony KB9YIG
          • Mark n2qt
            Message 5 of 9 , May 12, 2011
              I had a lot of fun with the rx ensemble and several Lite II's. Sure hoping
              for some VHF ensembles to
              show up again! (hopefully real soon as e-skip is starting up!)

              Mark n2qt

              Message 6 of 9 , May 12, 2011
                Tony,

                Do you have a booth number where you will be located?  Approx what time do you think you will arrive in Dayton?

                Thanks
                Gene/AD8MW

                Message 7 of 9 , May 12, 2011
                  Hi Gene,

                  No booth, but I probably will go over and say HI to the Flex Radio folks.  I will have SoftRock in big letters on the box of kits I will be carrying.

                  Hope to see you and others at Dayton just after noon on Saturday, May 21.

                  Tony Parks
                  kb9yig@...
                  http://www.kb9yig.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 13, 2011
                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

                    > Good Evening All,
                    >
                    > Good progress this week in catching up on open orders for RX ans RXTX Ensemble kits.
                    >
                    > I am in a good position to offer additional RX Ensemble II kits, RXTX Ensemble kits and Lite II kits on my website this evening. Kits offered this evening will start shipping by the end of this week and mostly ship next week.
                    >
                    > I have just about committed to getting over to Dayton on Saturday afternoon, May 21. If I am able to make the trip, I will take along twenty or thirty Ensemble kits.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the many kit orders and I am alway hopeful that the kits are useful and fun for people.
                    >
                    > Thanks and 73,
                    > Tony KB9YIG

                    Great news... I have been waiting. I am giving one to a new ham and engineering student as a present. I am sure that he will have great fun.

                    Many Thanks es 73,
                    Vaughn N2BHA
                  • Tony Parks
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 8 7:13 AM
                      Good Morning All,

                      The offering of additional RXTX Ensemble transceiver kits and RX Ensemble II receiver kits has been on hold lately as I waited on an order of Si570 devices to be shipped. I received word this morning that Si570 devices are to me mailed today so Ensemble kits can again be offered.

                      Please see my website for ordering kits. New kit orders will start shipping by the end of this week or early this coming week. DX orders will continue to be filled in two mailings per Ensemble kit.

                      I soon will be ordering parts that will make it possible to offer additional 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble kits. This should happen by early this coming week.

                      Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders. I continue to hope the kit are fun and useful for people.

                      Thanks and 73,
                      Tony KB9YIG