WinradHD not working on Win 7 64-bit

  • sfcooper549
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
      Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous message. I now have WinradHD running my Ensemble II rcvr on my Win 7 home Prem. 32 - bit laptop, but can't get it to run on the Win 7 Home Prem. 64 - bit desktop. The message is that it doesn't recognize the ensemble rcvr despite apparently successfully installing the signed libsub0-win32 drivers from pe0fko. Any further suggestions greatly appreciated.
      Thanks & 73,
      Steve WB2KXC
    • Bruce Tanner
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
        I have all WinRad products working with Win 7 64 bit system. Be sure that you are installing the 64 bit drivers for Win 7 64 bit. I think both the 32 and 64 bit drivers come in the same zip package for the libusbo.dll. You will also need to place Fred's, ExtIO file in the same folder in which the WinRad product resides.

        Bruce, K2BET
        ---

        On 11/1/2010 3:23 AM, sfcooper549 wrote:

        Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous message. I now have WinradHD running my Ensemble II rcvr on my Win 7 home Prem. 32 - bit laptop, but can't get it to run on the Win 7 Home Prem. 64 - bit desktop. The message is that it doesn't recognize the ensemble rcvr despite apparently successfully installing the signed libsub0-win32 drivers from pe0fko. Any further suggestions greatly appreciated.
        Thanks & 73,
        Steve WB2KXC

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5580 (20101031) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • Ronald Wagner
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010

          Are the 64 bit drivers named something different or is everything called “libusb0.sys or .dll”?  I’ve had problems bringing my 64 bit system up and I’ve seen other files like libusb0_x86 and libusb0_x64.  Do those end up getting renamed (losing the _xnn suffix) when installed or are they just a red herring?

          Ron

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
            Ron,

            In the package there are directories for the amd64, ia64 and x86, the pe0fko.inf file will select the correct file for your system. The file libusb0_x86.dll will renamed to the libusb0.dll for the x86 kind of systems. (There are no others with the extension).

            Just keep the install steps at <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/#install>

            --
            73, Fred
            PE0FKO

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
              Seem to have tried everything including ?? installing certificate (didn't finish all the steps, couldn't find downloaded certificate so tried to download again and message said already installed). Still can't get WinradHD to work with Win7 64-bit despite multiple driver reinstalls. Anything else I can try? Tnx agn.
              Steve WB2KXC

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, pe0fko <pe0fko@...> wrote:

              > Ron,
              >
              > In the package there are directories for the amd64, ia64 and x86, the
              > pe0fko.inf file will select the correct file for your system. The file
              > libusb0_x86.dll will renamed to the libusb0.dll for the x86 kind of systems.
              > (There are no others with the extension).
              >
              > Just keep the install steps at <
              > http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/#install>
              >
              > --
              > 73, Fred
              > PE0FKO
              >

              > 2010/11/2 Ronald Wagner <rcwagner@...>
              >

              > > Are the 64 bit drivers named something different or is everything called
              > > �libusb0.sys or .dll�? I�ve had problems bringing my 64 bit system up and
              > > I�ve seen other files like libusb0_x86 and libusb0_x64. Do those end up
              > > getting renamed (losing the _xnn suffix) when installed or are they just a
              > > red herring?
              > >

              > > Ron

            • Bruce Tanner
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
              Steve, perhaps we need to know more about the total system you are using CPU and sound card device as well as how you have WinHD set up?  Are  you sure that your 'recording inputs' are turned on so the I/Q signals are getting through?  Can you be more specific with details about what you observe when you say 'Can't get WinRadHD to work?' Does the usblib0 driver show up in your list of devices when you look at the list of devices in your system?  It should have Fred's call letters specifyng the  correct driver. I am attaching a screen shot with what mine looks like now... don't know why Fred's dll shows up  twice but it does work for me on all WinRad versions.

              bet

              __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5586 (20101102) __________

              http://www.eset.com
            • sfcooper549
              Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
                Running on Intel Quad2 Core Q6600 at 2.4Ghz 6GB Ram.
                Device manager shows Softrock40 - Si570 Control pe0fko 1.2.0.1
                working properly, not digitally signed
                When I open WinradHD I get a Device open error
                USB device DG8SAQ-12C (p=0x05DC, v=0x16C0) not connected or
                wrong manufacturer = obfov.at, serial number =
                As best as I can tell, the microphone input is ok.
                Unable to find screen shot.
                Steve

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

                > Steve, perhaps we need to know more about the total system you are using
                > CPU and sound card device as well as how you have WinHD set up? Are
                > you sure that your 'recording inputs' are turned on so the I/Q signals
                > are getting through? Can you be more specific with details about what
                > you observe when you say 'Can't get WinRadHD to work?' Does the usblib0
                > driver show up in your list of devices when you look at the list of
                > devices in your system? It should have Fred's call letters specifyng
                > the correct driver. I am attaching a screen shot with what mine looks
                > like now... don't know why Fred's dll shows up twice but it does work
                > for me on all WinRad versions.
                >
                > bet
                >

                > On 11/2/2010 3:28 PM, sfcooper549 wrote:
                > >
                > > Seem to have tried everything including ?? installing certificate
                > > (didn't finish all the steps, couldn't find downloaded certificate so
                > > tried to download again and message said already installed). Still
                > > can't get WinradHD to work with Win7 64-bit despite multiple driver
                > > reinstalls. Anything else I can try? Tnx agn.
                > > Steve WB2KXC
                > >
                > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, pe0fko <pe0fko@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Ron,
                > > >
                > > > In the package there are directories for the amd64, ia64 and x86, the
                > > > pe0fko.inf file will select the correct file for your system. The file
                > > > libusb0_x86.dll will renamed to the libusb0.dll for the x86 kind of
                > > systems.
                > > > (There are no others with the extension).
                > > >
                > > > Just keep the install steps at <
                > > > http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/#install
                > > <http://home.ict.nl/%7Efredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/#install>>
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > 73, Fred
                > > > PE0FKO

                > > called
                > > system up and
                > > end up
                > > they just a

                > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>

              • Bruce Tanner
                Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Steve, I checked my 'usblib0' file and it reports as version 2.0... There must be a later one available than what you are showing.  Also, do you have the ExIO_Si570_V0.10 driver file installed in the same folder where you have the WinradHD located. It must be there for Winrad programs to operate.

                  Bruce

                  Message 9 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                    Bruce - Thanks much. That did it. The files in my Windows directory, libusb0.dll and libusb0.sys were the current v. 1.2, but there was a lone libusb0.dll v. 1.12 file in my WinradHD directory which I replaced with a 1.2 and now it works! After I've played with it for a while I'll probably have many more questions for the group.
                    Thanks again. 73,
                    Steve WB2KXC

                  • Bruce Tanner
                    Message 10 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010