R: [softrock40] Re: rocky

  • lidopasquesi@virgilio.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
      Thak you for the info. I hope to use the transceiver next month.
      Bye
      i5wnn
      Da: g8voi.reeves59@...
      Data: 29-ott-2010 15.47
      A: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Ogg: R: [softrock40] Re: rocky

      Hi Lido,

      PowerSDR is much better for transmitting all modes providing you are using a version where the local oscillator frequency can be controlled by the program.

      By doing that, the LO is shifted so than on transmit it always uses the same range of the sound card so TX image rejection can be properly optimised.

      If you are unable to control the LO from PSDR then there really is no difference to using Rocky apart from the ability to use SSB.

      73, Bob G8VOI