Re: rocky

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2010
      Hi,

      You can use Rocky on any frequency you like as really like all sound card SDR programs its only the I/Q signals that really matter.

      All that is necessary is to set the program up to display the actually frequency you are using which is simple.

      The other thing is what local oscillator you are using and how it is controlled, that will determine whether Rocky is able to control the frequency setting for you.

      Rocky is a simple program for experimenting with, but really not very good for transmitting as it is limited by using a fixed LO frequency and heavily dependent on the performance of your sound card over the whole frequency range for gain and phase variations. There are much better options that also allow SSB operation.

      73, Bob G8VOI