panadaptor for IC775

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010

      HI Guys ,

      loads of info there but Gians looks good but I would need a kit  to build that Gian to be sure of success in my beloved IC775 hi

      The Funk amateur one I haven’t been able to find yet, again it would have to be a kit for Icom IF’s

      Now If there was a 70 mhz softrock  modded to 69.9 that would be a lot simpler  I just wonder when these will be available ?

      Dave GM3WIL

    • Gian
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <davecossar@...> wrote:

        > HI Guys ,
        >
        > loads of info there but Gians looks good but I would need a kit to build
        > that Gian to be sure of success in my beloved IC775 hi
        >
        > The Funk amateur one I haven't been able to find yet, again it would have to
        > be a kit for Icom IF's
        >

        > Now If there was a 70 mhz softrock modded to 69.9 that would be a lot
        > simpler I just wonder when these will be available ?
        >
        > Dave GM3WIL

        Hi Dave,

        Your beloved IC775 can have a lot of improvements... although in Italian, download the full manual from www.mods.dk.

        The H-Mode Mixer and IF amplifier are available from me, as these have been applied to various mods for ICOM, Yaesu, Kenwood equipment and K2.
        For the 56MHz X.O and the 13MHz BPF filter I have done no kit.

        73

        Gian
        I7SWX
      • Gian
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <davecossar@...> wrote:

          > HI Guys ,

          (removed as for previous reply)

          > Now If there was a 70 mhz softrock modded to 69.9 that would be a lot
          > simpler I just wonder when these will be available ?
          >
          > Dave GM3WIL

          Sorry Dave,

          I forgot to comment on this point.

          The New softrock ensemble for VHF could be used. You have to avoid to introduce spurs from SR into the IC775 IF. The RX Ensemble for 70-74 MHz could be a solution. The Converter RF amp will isolate the SR from the IF. You will have to reprogram the Si570 to give a frequency around 45.5115 MHz to drive the DBM as to have an IF of 23.5MHz. Then you will have to build a XO of around 17.631 MHz to drive the QSD.
          The LC circuits around the BF991 should be easily tuned to 69.0115.

          I suggest to insert the SoftRock inside the 775 to avoid 69MHz RF going around.

          73

          Gian
          I7SWX
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010

            Hi Gian,

            Another option would be  build a complete separate receiver  the RX ensemble  top band to 30 mhz  feed it from the phono jumper RX only via a hybrid splitter giving 3 receivers ,loss 3 dB

            Some how sync the ensemble with the 775 but again there would probably be a minor freq discepency

            Dave

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <davecossar@...> wrote:

              > Hi Gian,
              >
              > Another option would be build a complete separate receiver the RX ensemble
              > top band to 30 mhz feed it from the phono jumper RX only via a hybrid
              > splitter giving 3 receivers ,loss 3 dB
              >
              > Some how sync the ensemble with the 775 but again there would probably be a
              > minor freq discepency
              >

              > Dave

              Hi Dave,

              yes, that's another solution.

              Nicola, IZ7ANL, some months ago, has added a Perseus to the IC775, through a splitter and TX protection, both are synchronized ... 4 RXs... Hi

              73

              Gian
              I7SWX
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 27, 2010

                Hi Gian,

                That seems an easy solution. But a bit expensive one  in this country.

                I assume that Nicola has used the IC775 RX in /RXout phono’s to break into the antenna line and exclude the TX line

                But how has the system been sync’ed  and protected, and is there facilities for muting on TX?

                Has Nicola built his own splitter?

                And what programs are used in Sync and SDR ?

                I have tried Syncing using a prog  RIGSYNC but couldn’t get it to work hi

                That’s a lot of questions hi

                Dave

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 27, 2010
                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <davecossar@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Gian,
                  >
                  > That seems an easy solution. But a bit expensive one in this country.
                  >
                  > I assume that Nicola has used the IC775 RX in /RXout phono's to break into
                  > the antenna line and exclude the TX line
                  >

                  > But how has the system been sync'ed and protected, and is there facilities
                  > for muting on TX?
                  >
                  > Has Nicola built his own splitter?
                  >
                  > And what programs are used in Sync and SDR ?
                  >

                  > I have tried Syncing using a prog RIGSYNC but couldn't get it to work hi
                  >
                  > That's a lot of questions hi
                  >
                  > Dave

                  Hi Dave,

                  the IC775 mods have taken around one year to be applied...as Nicola is working in I2-land and coming in I7-land for a couple of weekend a month.

                  I do not remember what was done for the Perseus connection (SR Ensembled application should be similar. Nicola uses Winrad.

                  You may contat him iz7anlatlibero.it, saying I gave you the address.

                  He is travelling internationally for business...I believe is around Asia so he may not answer quickly.

                  73

                  Gian