Re: [softrock40] Re: Soft rock v6 with Flex Power SDR software and sb 24 live sound card

  • Milt Cram
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2006
      Giancarlo wrote:
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Miller" <jtmiller2@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > As a followup:
      > >
      > > (96K samples per second)(24 bits/sample)(2 channels) =
      > 4.6Mbits/second.
      > >
      > > USB1.1 well serviced by a CPU is only good for a net rate of about
      > > 8Mbits/second or 1Mbyte/second.
      > >
      > > Any minor interruptions in service by the CPU or additional load
      > to the
      > > driver stack will cause overruns/underruns when working with a
      > 96/24 stereo
      > > input load. Obviously there's no room for an output load as well.
      > >
      > > USB2 when used at its highspeed setting of 480Mbits will handle
      > full duplex
      > > 192K/24b audio easily.
      > >
      > > 73
      > >
      > > jim ab3cv
      > >

      > Hi Jim,
      >
      > sorry I missed this comment of your.
      >
      > It is all clear now. Thanks again.
      >
      > I am listening to 40 meters with an SR V6, no BP filter and a windom
      > antenna ... It is OK although I have mirror audio below and above
      > 7.050 center frequency.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Gian
      > I7SWX
      Gian,

      Did you try the audio settings in Rocky to shift one of the audio
      channels by one step relative to the other? There is a one sample delay
      between the two channels in the SB Live Ext. I don't remember which one
      is shifted. Rocky provides -1, 0, and 1 shift of the right channel
      relative to the left. The correct setting should eliminate the mirror
      image of the signals.

      I'm on my desktop right now, so I can't check the settings that I use on
      my laptop with the SB Live Ext. However, I know that it does work, and,
      with the correct delay, has very good image rejection.

      73,
      Milt
      W8NUE