RE: [softrock40] v6.0 builder's notes now posted as pdf

  • Sparkes, John
    Message 1 of 16 , May 30 5:47 PM
      Goodonya, Tony - many congrats from downunder. Hope Mum and bub are doing well - and his Grandparents as well !!

      John VK6JX

      P.S My two Softrocks arrived late last week and (many excuses here...) I'll get on with construction asap. Thanks a lot.

      Message 2 of 16 , May 30 5:58 PM
        I have generated a "quick and dirty" website that has the schematic and board layouts(in PDF form) of the 5
        prototype boards. This includes a USB interface, AD9958/59 , QSD, BPF's, QSE-ADC-DAC. The USB and
        AD9959 boards have been built. The USB has been checked. The AD9959 has only been checked for shorts
        and opens. I have been learning Visual C++ 2005 Express edition and now have a program that can set or
        reset the Cy7C68013A port pins with a windows program. Took awhile since this is my first C++ program( I
        have done C on both the PIC and on an 8051 type). Next is to connect the AD9959 board!
        The website is at:

        <users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>

        I am looking for comments on the design and ideas on if the partitioning into 5 boards is good or chould be
        changed. Thhe first schematic and board was done using my old(15+ years) PCCAD program. The next
        iteration and all future projects will be done in the open source and FREE KICAD program.

        Dave - WB6DHW
      • Bill Dumke
        Message 3 of 16 , May 30 7:06 PM
          Congratulations, Tony!

          Bill WB5TCO

          kb9yig wrote:

          > Sorry for getting the updated v6.0 builder's notes posted with the
          > wrong file format. I think I have it right not. (My daughter had a
          > baby last evening and we were just getting ready to go see our new
          > grandson when I quickly posted the updated builder's notes this
          > morning.)
          >
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

          > Ham radio
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&c=1&s=15&.sig=t8IpznzYq-E2LbCrDXaGPQ>

        • Joe Daring
          Message 4 of 16 , May 30 11:00 PM
            Wow!!! Will be following your project's devlopments closely :-)

            Very interesting if you plan to end up with a kit "SoftRock Style" ;-)

            Keep up the good work OM

            73 de Joe, IW7ECJ

          • Petr Ouředník
            Message 5 of 16 , May 31 1:34 AM
              Tony,

              my big congratulation !!! Also hope that daughter feeling well and both are OK !

              73, Petr OK1RP

              > Od: Bill Dumke <billd@...>
              > Předmět: Re: [softrock40] v6.0 builder's notes now posted as pdf
              > Datum: 31.5.2006 04:08:45
              > Congratulations, Tony!
              >
              > Bill WB5TCO
              >
              > kb9yig wrote:
              >
              > > Sorry for getting the updated v6.0 builder's notes posted with the
              > > wrong file format. I think I have it right not. (My daughter had a
              > > baby last evening and we were just getting ready to go see our new
              > > grandson when I quickly posted the updated builder's notes this
              > > morning.)
              > >
              > > 73,
              > > Tony KB9YIG

              > > Ham radio

              Petr Ouředník
              00420608230010 (private)
              indians@...
              www.qsl.net/ok1rp
            • Tony Parks
              Message 6 of 16 , May 31 2:46 AM
                Sorry Ford no cigars in the mail, but thanks for the congrats.

                73,
                Tony KB9YIG

                >My daughter had a baby last evening and we were just getting ready to go
                >see our new
                > grandson when I quickly posted the updated builder's notes this
                > morning.)
                >
                > 73,
                > Tony KB9YIG

                Wow! A newbie! Congrats to the whole family!

                Cigars are in the mail?

                Ford-N0FP
                ford@...

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Tony Parks
                Message 7 of 16 , May 31 2:49 AM
                  Thanks John.  My daughter and her new son seems to be doing nicely.  So now my daughter and her husband have a daughter and a son.  Makes it fun to be a grandfather. :-)

                  Thanks and 73,
                  Tony KB9YIG

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 31 2:50 AM
                    Thanks Bill.

                    73,
                    Tony KB9YIG

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 31 3:05 AM
                      Daughter and her new son are doing fine. Lots of fun for my wife and me to
                      now have two grandchildren, a girl and a boy.

                      Thanks and 73,
                      Tony KB9YIG

                      my big congratulation !!! Also hope that daughter feeling well and both are
                      OK !

                      73, Petr OK1RP

                      > Od: Bill Dumke <billd@...>
                      > Předmět: Re: [softrock40] v6.0 builder's notes now posted as pdf
                      > Datum: 31.5.2006 04:08:45
                      > Congratulations, Tony!
                      >
                      > Bill WB5TCO
                      >
                      > kb9yig wrote:
                      >
                      > > Sorry for getting the updated v6.0 builder's notes posted with the
                      > > wrong file format. I think I have it right not. (My daughter had a
                      > > baby last evening and we were just getting ready to go see our new
                      > > grandson when I quickly posted the updated builder's notes this
                      > > morning.)
                      > >
                      > > 73,
                      > > Tony KB9YIG

                      > > Ham radio

                      Petr Ouředník
                      00420608230010 (private)
                      indians@...
                      www.qsl.net/ok1rp

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Phil Covington
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 31 8:07 AM
                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, brainerd@... wrote:

                        > I have generated a "quick and dirty" website that has the
                        schematic and board layouts(in PDF form) of the 5
                        > prototype boards. This includes a USB interface, AD9958/59 , QSD,
                        BPF's, QSE-ADC-DAC. The USB and
                        > AD9959 boards have been built. The USB has been checked. The
                        AD9959 has only been checked for shorts
                        > and opens. I have been learning Visual C++ 2005 Express edition and
                        now have a program that can set or
                        > reset the Cy7C68013A port pins with a windows program. Took awhile
                        since this is my first C++ program( I
                        > have done C on both the PIC and on an 8051 type). Next is to
                        connect the AD9959 board!
                        > The website is at:
                        >
                        > <users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>
                        >
                        > I am looking for comments on the design and ideas on if the
                        partitioning into 5 boards is good or chould be
                        > changed. Thhe first schematic and board was done using my old(15+
                        years) PCCAD program. The next
                        > iteration and all future projects will be done in the open source
                        and FREE KICAD program.

                        > Dave - WB6DHW

                        Hi Dave,

                        You might want to look closely at whether you will be able to support
                        the bandwidth that the ADC and DAC require with the Cypress FX2 only.
                        I doubt that you will be able to do the I2S interface to the ADC/DAC
                        in the FX2 and still have enough cycles left over to transport the
                        data at the rate required over USB. If you bit bang the I2S interface
                        in the FX2, you will have only direct access to the EP0 and EP1 USB
                        endpoints. You might be able to do something with the GPIF mode of the
                        FX2 as far as the I2C interface. Usually you would have to have some
                        kind of CPLD or FPGA between the FX2 and the ADC/DAC to do the I2S to
                        parallel conversion to be sent via the FIFO interface of the FX2.

                        Take a look at the JANUS board of the HPSDR project <hpsdr.org>

                        73 de Phil N8VB
                      • Guido
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 31 10:50 AM
                          Hello Dave,

                          Think the LPF selection is a good idea, but I think it is necessary to bias it in order to get the RF pass through the switches.

                          73,
                          Guido.
                        • Giancarlo
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 31 11:32 AM
                            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

                            My daughter and her new son seems to be doing nicely. So now my
                            daughter and her husband have a daughter and a son. Makes it fun to
                            be a grandfather. :-)

                            > Thanks and 73,
                            > Tony KB9YIG

                            Congratulations to your daugther and her husband for the new baby ...
                            and to you for being a grandfather for the second time ... your family
                            has to work hard to catch up with the I7SWX Group .....

                            this coming Monday june 5th my first son's wife will make me
                            grandfather again !!!!!
                            I have 3 harmonics: 1st OM will end up with 3 YLs (#2, #3 and #5) on
                            june 5th, he is a Doc in the Italian Navy .... too much sea...hi
                            2nd harmonic a YL...still free at the moment ...
                            3rd harmonic an OM ... 1 x YL (#1) and 1 x OM (#4)

                            So by next week I will have a total of 5 sub-harmonics... and today I
                            am celebrating with my XYL our 37th wedding anniversary !!!!

                            This coming Friday, a national holiday in Italy we will have
                            anniversary lunch... I will think about all of you while eating and
                            drinking and digesting ... so you can send a gift (each of you)....
                            address OK in www.qrz.com .... hi

                            73

                            Gian
                            I7SWX
                          • Sparkes, John
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 31 4:16 PM
                              Cool - everything in balance - just like a well adjusted Softrock receiver system !

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 31 4:29 PM
                                Great Tony, Enjoy them

                                Giancarlo <i7swx@...> wrote:
                                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

                                  My daughter and her new son seems to be doing nicely.  So now my
                                daughter and her husband have a daughter and a son.  Makes it fun to
                                be a grandfather. :-)

                                > Thanks and 73,
                                > Tony KB9YIG

                                Congratulations to your daugther and her husband for the new baby ...
                                and to you for being a grandfather for the second time ... your family
                                has to work hard to catch up with the I7SWX Group .....

                                this coming Monday june 5th my first son's wife will make me
                                grandfather again !!!!!
                                I have 3 harmonics: 1st OM will end up with 3 YLs (#2, #3 and #5) on
                                june 5th, he is a Doc in the Italian Navy .... too much sea...hi
                                2nd harmonic a YL...still free at the moment ...
                                3rd harmonic an OM ... 1 x YL (#1) and 1 x OM (#4)

                                So by next week I will have a total of 5 sub-harmonics... and today I
                                am celebrating with my XYL our 37th wedding anniversary !!!!

                                This coming Friday, a national holiday in Italy we will have
                                anniversary lunch... I will think about all of you while eating and
                                drinking and digesting ... so you can send a gift (each of you)....
                                address OK in www.qrz.com .... hi

                                73

                                Gian
                                I7SWX