Re: [softrock40] Suggestion for a newbie

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25 1:03 PM
      Depends what you want to do, the V6 has a lower noise floor and covers
      two bands 80M and 40M, but die to it requiring a 4X clock it's had to
      make it work on the higher bands.

      The V7 is specifically made for 10M but can be easily modified for lower
      bands. It also has it's gain set in the audio amplifier lower than a V6
      by a factor of 10X. But if you want a radio that works on 10M or 12M or
      15M or 20M, then a V7 is the one.

      If you can afford it I would get both and same some room to play in
      different bands.

      I just got back from vacation so I'm going through 100's of emails and
      answering a few, sorry for the late post.