Re: [softrock40] Parts procurement problem

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2010
      Thanks to all who provided leads on available FST3253MX devices.  My original search for the part had been too limited since stock was available at several sites.

      I was able to get an order for 2500 pieces established which will keep me going the rest of the year with the kits.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...
      http://www.kb9yig.com

      On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 00:50 +0000, kb9yig wrote:

      Good Evening All,

      Yesterday I checked into getting another 1000 pieces of the FST3253MX IC which is used in the kits for QSD, QSE, and BPF select functions. For example: the RX Ensemble II receiver kit uses three FST3253MX devices.

      I was surprised to find that there are zero pieces of the FST3253MX available at various parts distribution businesses and additional devices will not be available until January 2011.

      My current stock of FST3253 devices is about 250 pieces which may be enough to cover open orders for the various Ensemble kits. When my current supply is gone, it looks like kit production will be on hold for the rest of this year.

      I can not accept additional kit orders until all open orders are filled and a determination is made that parts are available for additional kits.

      I will post concerning kit shipments at the end of this week.

      Thanks for your kit orders.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG