Got Power SDR 1.19 running with Softrock RX Ensemble

  • nb6m
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hello All,

      Thanks to those who sent, or steered me to, the skins, I now have Power SDR up and running with my RX Ensemble, on a Vista 64 bit laptop.

      The only glitch at the moment is that the audio cuts out every few seconds, for just a brief moment. I tried adjusting the buffer, but the lower the buffer number the more often it cuts out. So I have it set on 2048.

      Doesn't seem to matter what band I have selected.

      Also tried adjusting squelch and agc.

      At any rate, it is exciting to have it running and to be listening to signals.

      I'll continue with my build of the RXTX Ensemble, and will report results.

      In the meantime, I've downloaded a couple of the Power SDR 2.0 user's guides from Flex and will peruse them for the fine points of using the software.

      73,

      Wayne NB6M
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        From: "nb6m"
        Subject: [softrock40] Got Power SDR 1.19 running with Softrock RX Ensemble

        > The only glitch at the moment is that the audio cuts out every few
        > seconds, for just a brief moment. I tried adjusting the buffer, but the
        > lower the buffer number the more often it cuts out. So I have it set on
        > 2048.

        This could be a matter of reducing the load on the CPU. Look here
        <http://www.telepostinc.com/> Soundcard page, at the bottom a pdf.