Re: [softrock40] Re: RX Ensemble idling current test..

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2010
      Thanks, Bob. I tried a different VOM and with that get 6 ma at idle. I trust that one more  too... I think the first meter may have an issue... I replaced its batteries but still get the same. When selecting the ma feature there is a very rough friction of some sort on that side of the switching...

      I did not try the load resister but have decided to go ahead with the next stage...

      Bruce

      On 8/30/2010 2:06 PM, g8voip wrote:

      Hi Bruce,

      That current does sound a little bit low.

      Just checked the data sheet for the 78L05 regulator and that has a typically quiescent current of 3mA, max 5mA.

      One test you could do is put something like a 220 ohm resistor on the output to load the 5V rail and measure the voltage. If it is still close to 5V with approximately 22mA being drawn, then probably all ok.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5409 (20100830) __________

      http://www.eset.com