Re: [softrock40] Rocky Receive Audio

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2010
      People have had difficulty with both 'Vista' and 'Win7' 64 bit in having Rocky identify sound cards... it may be that it will not work for your system. I might be worth spending time learning a bit about PSDR as your transmit software. It is little more complex but works well.

      bet
      --------------

      On 8/30/2010 12:50 PM, nb6m wrote:

      Hello the group,

      I have the RX Ensemble playing nicely using Winrad, and wanted to check out the features of Rocky because I'm in the process of building an RXTX Ensemble and will need the Transmit features.

      However,

      When I start Rocky, the spectrum display appears like there is a noise floor and perhaps a signal here and there, but no audio comes out of the laptop speakers or headphones.

      In Winrad, there was an option to select "loudspeaker/headphones" as the audio out path. No similar option in Rocky, only the 01 Audio Codec, which I suspect is because what you are doing there is selecting the path for TX Audio out.

      My OS is Vista 64 bit. I've tried going into the sound manager and selecting each of the options one at a time with no joy.

      Any suggestions?

      Thank you,

      Wayne NB6M

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5409 (20100830) __________