Rocky-VNA mods for Ensemble RXTX (and request for feedback on the Rocky-VNA)

  • Sivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2010
      Hi, I am considering modding my Ensemble RXTX to support the VNA feature in Rocky. The details of how to do it for the Softrock RXTX 6.1 are at http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/Files/Rocky_VNA_v1c.pdf

      I have two questions:

      1. How do I implement an equivalent mod in the Ensemble RXTX? I think that simply adding one n-channel MOSFET with drain at center tap of T3 (connection of R47 and R46) and source at ground and gate pulled down to ground (with a 0.1u bypass) should be enough. I would then add a DPDT switch to connect the gate of this MOSFET and the QSD-EN net to 12v to tune. This will (1) provide 0v bias to the finals, (2) enable the receive path on the RX/TX switch, and (3) enable the QSD. Any bugs in this mod?

      2. Did people find the VNA feature useful and reasonable accurate? I would appreciate any input on this issue.

      Thanks, Sivan