  • Bill Richarz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2010
    One more try.

    Here's a screen shot from my camera as you suggested.  At 74 I sometimes forget what tools I have sometime.

    This is a screenshot of Rocky taken with my camera at 96 khz with no attachment to the softrock card.  Only the sound card Realtek ALC888S.  No signals, just the raw card.

    Any comments?
    Bill, N4DH

  • Gordon JC Pearce
    Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2010
      On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 20:52 -0700, Bill Richarz wrote:
      > This is a screenshot of Rocky taken with my camera at 96 khz with no
      > attachment to the softrock card. Only the sound card Realtek ALC888S.
      > No signals, just the raw card.
      >
      > Any comments?

      Okay, and that's just the line input? You may find that without some
      but it's not the end of the world. Your softrock *should* still work,
      even if it's not as sensitive at the far ends of the bands and has some
      funny noises.

      The Intel sound in this HP SFF machine is *atrocious* on 96kHz.

      Gordon MM0YEQ