Kit availability

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2 1:42 PM
      Good Afternoon All,

      Over forty additional kits or partial kits were mailed today and progress is being made in filling all open orders early this week.

      I received news today that the next batch of CMOS Si570 devices I have had on order for six weeks will ship later this week. In anticipation of being able to fill many RX Ensemble II and RXTX Ensemble kit orders starting at the end of this week and early next week, I am going to now make kits available on my website.

      Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Michael Di Domenico
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2 2:06 PM
        Tony,

        Are you going to make the VHF kits available again? I'd like to get
        another one.

        On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:
        > Good Afternoon All,
        >
        > Over forty additional kits or partial kits were mailed today and progress is being made in filling all open orders early this week.
        >
        > I received news today that the next batch of CMOS Si570 devices I have had on order for six weeks will ship later this week.  In anticipation of being able to fill many RX Ensemble II and RXTX Ensemble kit orders starting at the end of this week and early next week, I am going to now make kits available on my website.
        >
        > Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders.
        >
        > 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2 2:10 PM
          Hi Michael,

          Yes, additional 6m/2m Ensemble kits will be available in about one week but first I want to fill the open orders for this kit.

          Thanks for asking.

          73,
          Tony Parks
          kb9yig@...
          http://www.kb9yig.com

          On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 17:06 -0400, Michael Di Domenico wrote:

          Tony,

          Are you going to make the VHF kits available again? I'd like to get
          another one.

          On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:
          > Good Afternoon All,
          >
          > Over forty additional kits or partial kits were mailed today and progress is being made in filling all open orders early this week.
          >
          > I received news today that the next batch of CMOS Si570 devices I have had on order for six weeks will ship later this week.  In anticipation of being able to fill many RX Ensemble II and RXTX Ensemble kit orders starting at the end of this week and early next week, I am going to now make kits available on my website.
          >
          > Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders.
          >
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Michael Di Domenico
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2 4:31 PM
            Okay, thanks.  After a rough start with my first one (the prototype), with Bob's help, I managed to narrow it down to a mistake in the orientation of one of the binocular cores and now it's working pretty well.

            btw, when you go to kit the next series, if you haven't already you might want to consider substituting the t25-12 with t25-17 cores.  i snapped one by accident and was unable to find the t25-12's online, but the t25-17's are everywhere and from what i was told the t25-17's are the same or better.  i used them and they seem to work for me

            On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@...> wrote:

            Hi Michael,

            Yes, additional 6m/2m Ensemble kits will be available in about one week but first I want to fill the open orders for this kit.

            Thanks for asking.

            73,
            Tony Parks
            kb9yig@...
            http://www.kb9yig.com

            On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 17:06 -0400, Michael Di Domenico wrote:

            Tony,

            Are you going to make the VHF kits available again? I'd like to get
            another one.

            On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:
            > Good Afternoon All,
            >
            > Over forty additional kits or partial kits were mailed today and progress is being made in filling all open orders early this week.
            >
            > I received news today that the next batch of CMOS Si570 devices I have had on order for six weeks will ship later this week.  In anticipation of being able to fill many RX Ensemble II and RXTX Ensemble kit orders starting at the end of this week and early next week, I am going to now make kits available on my website.
            >
            > Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • rubines2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 25, 2011
              Hi Group!

              First I wish you all a merry Xmas!

              I am looking for some weeks at Tony's site and would like to buy a RXTX Ensemble Transceiver Kit. Unfortunately they are allways sold out.
              When will the kit be available again ?

              I started to build an old softrock kit, the RxTx V6.3 .
              Unfortunately I did not know, that I had to buy an extra Pa board and Tony does not stock them anymore. If someone here has a spare board left, I would be glad to buy it.

              The V6.3 RxTx does not receceive without a Pa board, is there a way to modyfy the circuit to make a receive tests ?

              Cheers
              Michael OE1MIS
            • John Greusel
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 25, 2011
                Michael,

                I have built receive/filter boards with perf board and individual .01 pins for connectors and they worked fine. I've very easy.

                John
                KC9OJV

                  --

                  John Williams

                  KE5SSH - ham since 2007
                  WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

                • aa9wqham@aol.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 29, 2011
                      Good Morning All,

                      I am planing on making 50 of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver kits available on my website on January 1. Some of the RX Ensemble II and Lite II Combined kits will also be made available that day.

                      I currently have ten more of the SMT version of the Lite II kit, the SoftRock_40_R, available with the components in the kit to build the little receiver for 20m operation. The present design does have a fair amount of center frequency noise but several of the kit testers have said they thought the little USB powered receiver was still reasonably useful. If anyone would like to try a 20m SoftRock_40_R receiver kit, please contact me directly. I will need to ask for $20 for the kit to mostly cover the cost of the materials and cables furnished in the kit as well as mailing cost.

                      Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders thoughout 2011.

                      I hope 2012 is a very good year for everyone.

                      Thanks and 73,
                      Tony KB9YIG