Re: PowerSDR for Linux?

  • dick_faust
    Message 1 of 100 , Aug 2, 2010
      Craig

      Here is what I know about from your second reference below.

      The Pre-PowerSDR source code is Visual Basic and will compile in VB6 or Visual Studio 6. This would be the easiest to convert to C or C++ and then compile for Linux.

      The Early PowerSDR source code started in Visual Studio 2003 and only required .net v1.x . [The HPSDR version, which is compatible with Softrocks is still using VS2003 and only needs .net v1.x] M$ still has SDK's and DDK's on line supporting VS2003. If you can eliminate and rewrite the code dependent on .net and/or VS2003 you will be able to move to other OS's.

      The current versions of Flex use VS2005 or VS2008 [I do not know where the changeover occurs] and would be much more of a challenge to convert to OS independent code.

      Good luck

      Dick Faust K9IVB

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <w6dvc@...> wrote:

      > Open source, written in ANSI C and C#
      >
      > Any idea what it would take to port this to run on Linux?
      >
      > http://www.flex-radio.com/Products.aspx?topic=powersdr1x
      >
      > http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50392.aspx
      >
      > Anyone besides me interested in pursuing this project?
      >
      > Craig W6DVC

    • sconklin Lists
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2010
        On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Jonathan Marsden N6JU <jmarsden@...> wrote:

        Lastly, if you are genuinely aiming to get packages into Ubuntu, using IRC to talk to the MOTU folks who hang out in the #ubuntu-motu channel on irc.freenode.net is a great way to get your questions answered. I have found them to be friendly and helpful to people who (like me!) are genuinely trying to get software packaged for Ubuntu, or to fix issues in existing Ubuntu software. If you are creating packages just for your own use, or for a PPA, which you never intend to work on to good enough to go into Ubuntu, then it's somewhat impolite to ask for much of their time.

        There is also the Ubuntu-hams team as a resource. We have some people with some packaging experience, although not the level of experience that you find on the packaging-specific lists and IRC channels. There's a lot of collective knowledge about various ham applications for Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to drop in.

        #ubuntu-hams on freenode

        I'm a recent subscriber to this list, having just started on the Softrock Ensemble RX/TX board.

        73, Steve Conklin, A!4QR