Re: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR for Linux?

  • Pat Villani
    Message 1 of 100 , Aug 2, 2010
      I had started an effort about a year ago or so, to do exactly this.  I didn't get that much support for the effort, so I just went back and played with it on my own.  So, at least from what I saw, there's limited interest.

      From what I've been told in recent conversations with Flex Radio, there are license issues with the drivers that prevents them from doing the port aside from the .NET/C# issues.  I'm not sure that I agree with the extent that those licenses can limit them, but I also don't know what they've contractually agreed to.  I can't speak for them, but this is what I've been led to believe.

      My question to you (and others) is: what aspect of PowerSDR are you looking for that's missing in Linux programs such as Java-SDR and sdr-core/sdr-shell?

      Pat
      WB2GBF

      On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Craig <w6dvc@...> wrote:

      Gordon

      I'm not a programmer, so I can't be much help there. If there is a matter of money, I'm not above forking out some dough for a worthy cause.

      ***snip***

      Is there interest?

      If so, how can we "gettr done"?

    • sconklin Lists
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2010
        On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Jonathan Marsden N6JU <jmarsden@...> wrote:

        Lastly, if you are genuinely aiming to get packages into Ubuntu, using IRC to talk to the MOTU folks who hang out in the #ubuntu-motu channel on irc.freenode.net is a great way to get your questions answered. I have found them to be friendly and helpful to people who (like me!) are genuinely trying to get software packaged for Ubuntu, or to fix issues in existing Ubuntu software. If you are creating packages just for your own use, or for a PPA, which you never intend to work on to good enough to go into Ubuntu, then it's somewhat impolite to ask for much of their time.

        There is also the Ubuntu-hams team as a resource. We have some people with some packaging experience, although not the level of experience that you find on the packaging-specific lists and IRC channels. There's a lot of collective knowledge about various ham applications for Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to drop in.

        #ubuntu-hams on freenode

        I'm a recent subscriber to this list, having just started on the Softrock Ensemble RX/TX board.

        73, Steve Conklin, A!4QR