Re: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR for Linux?

  • Peter Johnson
    Message 1 of 100 , Aug 2 10:23 AM
      Hello Craig.
      I agree with you running Kubuntu 10.04 here works fine easy to use.
      I think there is work going on with SDR-Shell, Linrad and Quisk.

      Sid and a few others may have something to say about it all.

      Regards Peter

      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17 9:44 AM
        On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Jonathan Marsden N6JU <jmarsden@...> wrote:

        Lastly, if you are genuinely aiming to get packages into Ubuntu, using IRC to talk to the MOTU folks who hang out in the #ubuntu-motu channel on irc.freenode.net is a great way to get your questions answered. I have found them to be friendly and helpful to people who (like me!) are genuinely trying to get software packaged for Ubuntu, or to fix issues in existing Ubuntu software. If you are creating packages just for your own use, or for a PPA, which you never intend to work on to good enough to go into Ubuntu, then it's somewhat impolite to ask for much of their time.

        There is also the Ubuntu-hams team as a resource. We have some people with some packaging experience, although not the level of experience that you find on the packaging-specific lists and IRC channels. There's a lot of collective knowledge about various ham applications for Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to drop in.

        #ubuntu-hams on freenode

        I'm a recent subscriber to this list, having just started on the Softrock Ensemble RX/TX board.

        73, Steve Conklin, A!4QR