Re: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR for Linux?

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 100 , Aug 2, 2010
      On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Craig wrote:

      > Flex sent this a few weeks back in response to my query about a
      > future version of PowerSDR for Linux.
      ..
      >> .NET does not allow us to run on Linux, although
      >> Windows machines are pretty cheap, even with the OS...

      Kind'a missing the point isn't it? It's not about cheap or free,
      it's about freedom. ;-)

      Thanks for posting that! Kind'a what I thought I heard already, but
      it's good to know they're thinking about future cross-platform
      compatibility. Like everyone should be at this point.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
      APRS: Where it's at! <http://www.xastir.org>
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2010
        On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Jonathan Marsden N6JU <jmarsden@...> wrote:

        Lastly, if you are genuinely aiming to get packages into Ubuntu, using IRC to talk to the MOTU folks who hang out in the #ubuntu-motu channel on irc.freenode.net is a great way to get your questions answered. I have found them to be friendly and helpful to people who (like me!) are genuinely trying to get software packaged for Ubuntu, or to fix issues in existing Ubuntu software. If you are creating packages just for your own use, or for a PPA, which you never intend to work on to good enough to go into Ubuntu, then it's somewhat impolite to ask for much of their time.

        There is also the Ubuntu-hams team as a resource. We have some people with some packaging experience, although not the level of experience that you find on the packaging-specific lists and IRC channels. There's a lot of collective knowledge about various ham applications for Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to drop in.

        #ubuntu-hams on freenode

        I'm a recent subscriber to this list, having just started on the Softrock Ensemble RX/TX board.

        73, Steve Conklin, A!4QR