Re: [softrock40] PowerSDR for Linux?

  • Gordon JC Pearce
    Message 1 of 100 , Aug 1, 2010
      On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 01:56 +0000, Craig wrote:
      > Open source, written in ANSI C and C#
      >
      > Any idea what it would take to port this to run on Linux?
      >
      > http://www.flex-radio.com/Products.aspx?topic=powersdr1x
      >
      > http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50392.aspx
      >
      > Anyone besides me interested in pursuing this project?
      >
      > Craig W6DVC

      I looked at it, and decided that it would be easier to start one from
      scratch ;-)

      It wouldn't be terribly hard to do, really - I've just had very little
      success in getting dttsp to compile and run. The GUI elements could be
      ported across to something like Gtk+ quite easily. Most of the
      libraries used (pthreads, fftw3) are already pretty common in Linux
      apps. Doing audio stuff in Linux is probably easier in any other OS,
      because you've got jack to simplify your processing loop.

      Gordon MM0YEQ
    • sconklin Lists
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2010
        On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Jonathan Marsden N6JU <jmarsden@...> wrote:

        Lastly, if you are genuinely aiming to get packages into Ubuntu, using IRC to talk to the MOTU folks who hang out in the #ubuntu-motu channel on irc.freenode.net is a great way to get your questions answered. I have found them to be friendly and helpful to people who (like me!) are genuinely trying to get software packaged for Ubuntu, or to fix issues in existing Ubuntu software. If you are creating packages just for your own use, or for a PPA, which you never intend to work on to good enough to go into Ubuntu, then it's somewhat impolite to ask for much of their time.

        There is also the Ubuntu-hams team as a resource. We have some people with some packaging experience, although not the level of experience that you find on the packaging-specific lists and IRC channels. There's a lot of collective knowledge about various ham applications for Debian and Ubuntu, so feel free to drop in.

        #ubuntu-hams on freenode

        I'm a recent subscriber to this list, having just started on the Softrock Ensemble RX/TX board.

        73, Steve Conklin, A!4QR