Re: [softrock40] Re: Problem with Ensemble RXTX

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
      From: "dl8mcp"
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Problem with Ensemble RXTX

      >It really looks like the problem is on the software side.
      Depending on the settings, the current goes up to 250mA(!)while transmitting
      and the SWR Meter shows that there is a signal.
      As far as I understand the current with PTT activated should be around
      120-130mA. But what is the current when transmitting say CW or PSK?

      Problem? It seems good to me. TX standby 120mA. TX modulating 250mA.
      Difference = 130mA, @12V = 1.5W. At 50% efficiency =750mW output. Reduce the
      drive if you use a linear mode.

      >I´m using a Dell Vostro 1700 Notebook. For the in- and output to the
      >Softrock I use the internal sound card. As the "second sound card" I want
      >to use a Bluetooth Headset.

      If the software can see the headset in the audio selection, then yes, it is
      able to be used.