Netbook with Stereo (Line In)

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
      Can someone please identify which Netbook has a verified "Line In" or Stereo Mic input. Can't seem to find any in the specifications and when I ask customer service, they typically bleed ignorance. Really want to get one to use with my Softrock 6.2 but don't want to use an external or usb device.
      Thanks,
      Randy
    • William S. White
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
        My year old, now obsolete, Acer Aspire one AOD150 series has a stereo mic
        input.
        I purchased it to use with my, now obsolete, softrock RXTX v 6.2 20/30 but,
        have not the time or eyesight to complete the kit.
        I imagine the newer Acer netbooks also have stereo mic input.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <k9bct@...> wrote:

          > Can someone please identify which Netbook has a verified "Line In" or Stereo Mic input. Can't seem to find any in the specifications and when I ask customer service, they typically bleed ignorance. Really want to get one to use with my Softrock 6.2 but don't want to use an external or usb device.
          > Thanks,
          > Randy

          Lenovo S-10 works great. I have had one for about a year now. Tom, KM5H first alerted us to this neat little portable.
          Search the archives...

          73, Sid W7QJQ
          Oklahoma
        • davethewatch
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2010
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <k9bct@...> wrote:

            > Can someone please identify which Netbook has a verified "Line In" or Stereo Mic input. Can't seem to find any in the specifications and when I ask customer service, they typically bleed ignorance. Really want to get one to use with my Softrock 6.2 but don't want to use an external or usb device.
            > Thanks,
            > Randy
            >Hi all i use an ACER Aspire one (531h) with stereo mic in and seems to work verry well. Have not tried with a softrock kit but perfect for all orher radio uses. hope this helps.
            Dave.
          • David Greenberg
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2010
              Asus EEPC 1000HE is a good performer here.

              73,

              David, 4X6IA
            • Yannick
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
                Hi,

                I am jumping into this thread to ask a related question.
                Did someone already have a Dell Mini 9 working with a SoftRock.

                Under OS X(Snow Leopard), the two channels are mixed, but I am unable to figure if it is an hardware or software restriction. The driver not being a "legacy" Apple driver, I think it could have some restriction.

                I just installed Windows XP on another partition, loaded the Dell drivers, but Rocky crashes when I start the "receiver". I think it is also related to the soundcard or driver but unable to fix it...

                Thanks by advance for your help.
                73,
                Yan.
                ---
                Yannick DEVOS - XV4TUJ
                http://capheda.wordpress.com/ (Blog in french)
                http://www.qsl.net/xv4tuj/ (web page in english)
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, David Greenberg <daivi248@...> wrote:

                > Asus EEPC 1000HE is a good performer here.
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > David, 4X6IA

              • k4ujq
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
                  My old Asus Eee 700 has stereo Mic in and works OK with Rocky