Re: [softrock40] 40m/30m/20m RXTX Ensemble operation

  • Richard Robson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
      Builders' Notes have been updated.

      New, updated inventory is at: http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/Inventory.htm

      tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz

      On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      Good Morning All,

      Brent, AB1LF, has completed initial tests on a first example of a 40m/30m/20m RXTX Ensemble transceiver board. Brent has reported that spurious emissions are compliant to FCC requirements of being down at least 43dB except for the second harmonic of 40m. An additional 4dB of attenuation of the 40m second harmonic is needed and will be supplied by an external LP filter where components for that filter will be included in the RXTX Ensemble kits to be shipped in the future. This result is about the same as found for the 80m/40m version and 30m/20m/17m version of the RXTX Ensemble kit. In these two case an external 80m and 30m LP filter were needed to meet the FCC requirement.

      I have updated the RXTX Ensemble schematic sheets to now include the 40m/30m/20m build option. The updated sheets have been sent to Robby to be included in the RXTX Ensemble build information. If anyone would like me to send the sheets, send me an e-mail and I will be happy to do so.

      Two additional ceramic capacitors are needed, (220pF and 470pF), in the RXTX Ensemble kit to cover the five band group build options.

      Thanks for your interest in the kits and kit orders.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      --
      tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz