Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II Computer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2010
      From: "Don"
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II

      > Thanks. The MB is a DG945GCLF with 230 Atom chip.

      Mine is an Asus AT3GC1 with an Atom 330. It has VIA audio which is working.
      Using XP, with Winrad and SDR Console it works quite well at 96KHz. With
      PDSR sr40 it does not work properly at 96KHz and with Rocky it does not work
      properly at all.
      I'm surprised by that! I expected it all to work, maybe some more
      adjustments.. But it should be OK for audio and mic for use with a RX/TX.

      I see your board is a fairly similar layout. One thing to note are the
      parallel and serial ports, and a PCI slot that would take a soundcard.
      My impression is that it will make a good dedicated radio computer. I intend
      to build in a speaker/amplifier and will have a 12V output, at least for
      RXs.
      It only cost me the board, I had memory discarded from an upgrade and a
      spare PSU and drive. The case, well, crude would be a kind description!

      > This will be my first experience with an SDR kit.I think it's better to
      > get to know a RX first, maybe later the RXTX.

      Yes, there is a lot to learn!