Re: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble 30/20/17 question

  • Richard Robson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7 12:43 PM
      Website inventory updated:
      CapacitorSMT 12060.01 uF ((smt))11
      CapacitorSMT 12060.1 uF ((smt) black stripe)22

      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      I am including a spare with the 0.01 SMT caps so the kit has 11.

      Thanks Robby.

      On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 14:33 -0500, Richard Robson wrote:

      FB, Tony:
      I have added the spare 0.1 to the inventory:
      CapacitorSMT 12060.01 uF ((smt))10
      CapacitorSMT 12060.1 uF ((smt) black stripe)22

      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@gmail.com> wrote:

      Hi Robby,

      Right you are!  I noted the problem yesterday and have changed my kit production line to include 22 of the 0.1 SMT caps in the RXTX Ensemble kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@gmail.com
      http://www.kb9yig.com

      On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 12:21 -0500, Richard Robson wrote:

      Tony:

      My counts suggest that the maximum number of 0.1 SMT caps to be included in the kit (not including any "spares") is 21 (17 if the kit is the 15/12/10m kit, which calls for C64, C66, C67, and C68 to be 0.01 uF SMT caps):
      contextNamesubContextNamecomponentTypedesignationcomponent
      Local OscillatorInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC500.1 uF
      Local OscillatorInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC510.1 uF
      Local OscillatorInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC520.1 uF
      USB Power SupplyInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC530.1 uF
      TX OpampsInstall Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC580.1 uF
      TX OpampsInstall Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC590.1 uF
      TX OpampsInstall Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC600.1 uF
      TX OpampsInstall Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC610.1 uF
      TX Mixer (QSE)Install Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC620.1 uF
      TX Mixer (QSE)Install Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC630.1 uF
      RF I/O and SwitchingInstall SMT CapacitorsCapacitorC650.1 uF
      RF I/O and SwitchingInstall SMT CapacitorsCapacitorC690.1 uF
      RF I/O and SwitchingInstall SMT CapacitorsCapacitorC720.1 uF
      RX Opamps and OutputInstall Bottomside Caps and ICCapacitorC730.1 uF
      RX Opamps and OutputInstall Bottomside Caps and ICCapacitorC740.1 uF
      RX Opamps and OutputInstall Bottomside Caps and ICCapacitorC750.1 uF
      Local OscillatorInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC760.1 uF
      TX Mixer (QSE)Install Bottomside ComponentsBand-specificC64band-specific
      Driver/PAInstall Bottomside ComponentsBand-specificC66band-specific
      Driver/PAInstall Bottomside ComponentsBand-specificC67band-specific
      Driver/PAInstall Bottomside ComponentsBand-specificC68band-specific

      The counts for the 0.01 uF SMT caps are 10 (6 + the 4 band-specific caps mentioned above):
      contextNamesubContextNamecomponentTypedesignationcomponent
      USB Power SupplyInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC540.01 uF
      Local OscillatorInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC550.01 uF
      USB Power SupplyInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC560.01 uF
      DividersInstall SMT ComponentsCapacitorC570.01 uF
      RF I/O and SwitchingInstall SMT CapacitorsCapacitorC700.01 uF
      RX Mixer (QSD)Install Bottomside ComponentsCapacitorC710.01 uF

      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@gmail.com> wrote:

      Hi Bear,

      Yes, I just noted that the RXTX Ensemble kit has the wrong count of 0.1 SMT capacitors.  I have changed the kit line to include enough 0.1 SMT capacitors for future kits.  The SMT caps on the paddles input would be a good way to get the missing cap.  0.01 SMT caps could be used at the paddles input.

      Sorry about the missing capacitor.  If you would like me to send the missing capacitor, I will of course.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@gmail.com
      http://www.kb9yig.com

      On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 09:12 +0000, qrpbear wrote:

      Tony,

      My kit arrived today and is already 30% completed. I am building it as the 30/20/17 mtr variant. When installing the 0.1uF SMD caps I came up short one cap. There were 17 included with the kit but the 30/20/17 variant appears to need a total of 18. Is this correct? For the present I just left out one of the caps on the paddles input.

      I'm planning to use mine primarily for WSPR and JT65 for the time being.

      72,

      'Bear' NH7SR

      --
      tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz