Re: [softrock40] WinradHD and WinradF

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      From: "g8voip"
      Subject: [softrock40] WinradHD and WinradF

      > At the moment is is really early days and a couple of things are lacking
      > for use with the SoftRock's. The range of adjustment for image rejection
      > gain and phase is too small, as per the original version, so not possible
      > with some SoftRock hardware to optimise the image rejection. Another
      > feature missing is the ability to drag the grey frequency scaling to
      > continuously shift the LO. Hopefully both of these will be included in a
      > future version.
      >
      > Good to see someone else's take on it, and another option available to the
      > 'official' version :)
      >
      > http://www.webalice.it/andreavigarani/

      Bob,
      You missed out the Short Wave database! To anyone interested in broadcast
      stations this is an innovation!

      Like the rest of it, in need of refinement but hopefully Andrea will
      continue the development. Possibly it could be edited to include amateur
      frequencies etc.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hi Alan,

        Indeed, how remiss of me, wrist duly slapped :)

        Actually, I had just been checking it out for compatibility with the SoftRock hardware and firmware to add it to the list of versions in my ever increasing 'test' list.

        The database appears just a look up table in CSV format, so it should be very easy to customise it for whatever use you wanted.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
          From: "g8voip"
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: WinradHD and WinradF

          > The database appears just a look up table in CSV format, so it should be
          > very easy to customise it for whatever use you wanted.

          Andrea said to be cautious with this for the time being. As you say it looks
          straightforward.

          Anyone wishing to make comments, requests or just watch progress should go
          here,
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/> Andreas (and Alberto) are on
          this group. Note Andreas works for a living!