WinradHD and WinradF

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi Guys,

      A couple of new versions of Winrad kicking around.

      Mario DG0JBJ has released a new version of WinradHD v0.18 on 25th June. This has a few new features and extended 'short cut' keys. One thing I have noticed, I assume intentional, but not mentioned, the 'Input' now defaults to 'SoftRock v9.0 Si570', so no need to manually select that now each time you run the program, just hit 'Start'.

      http://www.hdsdr.de/

      New kid on the block is Andrea's WinradF. This have some interesting changes to the graphical presentation. I am not sure at the moment whether the new frequency spectrum display is actually as good as the original, looks pretty, but with the ghost persistence, not sure it aids looking for weak signals.

      At the moment is is really early days and a couple of things are lacking for use with the SoftRock's. The range of adjustment for image rejection gain and phase is too small, as per the original version, so not possible with some SoftRock hardware to optimise the image rejection. Another feature missing is the ability to drag the grey frequency scaling to continuously shift the LO. Hopefully both of these will be included in a future version.

      Good to see someone else's take on it, and another option available to the 'official' version :)

      http://www.webalice.it/andreavigarani/

      73, Bob G8VOI
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
        From: "g8voip"
        Subject: [softrock40] WinradHD and WinradF

        > At the moment is is really early days and a couple of things are lacking
        > for use with the SoftRock's. The range of adjustment for image rejection
        > gain and phase is too small, as per the original version, so not possible
        > with some SoftRock hardware to optimise the image rejection. Another
        > feature missing is the ability to drag the grey frequency scaling to
        > continuously shift the LO. Hopefully both of these will be included in a
        > future version.
        >
        > Good to see someone else's take on it, and another option available to the
        > 'official' version :)
        >
        > http://www.webalice.it/andreavigarani/

        Bob,
        You missed out the Short Wave database! To anyone interested in broadcast
        stations this is an innovation!

        Like the rest of it, in need of refinement but hopefully Andrea will
        continue the development. Possibly it could be edited to include amateur
        frequencies etc.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • g8voip
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hi Alan,

          Indeed, how remiss of me, wrist duly slapped :)

          Actually, I had just been checking it out for compatibility with the SoftRock hardware and firmware to add it to the list of versions in my ever increasing 'test' list.

          The database appears just a look up table in CSV format, so it should be very easy to customise it for whatever use you wanted.

          73, Bob G8VOI

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
            From: "g8voip"
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: WinradHD and WinradF

            > The database appears just a look up table in CSV format, so it should be
            > very easy to customise it for whatever use you wanted.

            Andrea said to be cautious with this for the time being. As you say it looks
            straightforward.

            Anyone wishing to make comments, requests or just watch progress should go
            here,
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/> Andreas (and Alberto) are on
            this group. Note Andreas works for a living!