Re: [softrock40] Thoughts on a new design

  • WS3Z
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi Maca_4,
      I am wondering what FPGA you have and what you are doing with it if you do not mind sharing.
      I had to look it up to see what it was. Looks very interesting and might help me in my designs.
      I see there are at least a handful that pop up on Google.
      Thanks in advance
      Larry

      On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM, maca_4 <maca_4@...> wrote:

      I was having a play with my FPGA last night and had a though it would be very usefull in a SDR. With the ensemble type design you could condense the LO, Bandpass Shifting, Dividers and Mixers all on to a FPGA. So all you would need is the bandpass filter's, powersupply and some op-amps. This would not really reduce the cost but would drastically decrease the parts count and size. Has anything like this been done ?.