Re: Build Notes?

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi Matthew,

      I have only ever build the original v6.0 board, but just taking a quick look at the two schematics appear to be identical including the component numbering, except for R17 in the oscillator circuit from Q2 base to ground. In the v6.0 that had to be connected on the bottom of the PCB, appears the change to v6.1 is that it was then included on the PCB layout.

      I do have Tony's original build notes for the v6.0 RX, so if you want a copy of those, drop me an email directly so I can forward them on to you.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew" <utoxin@...> wrote:

      > Ahhh! Build Notes! Why haven't I noticed those two files in all the times I've been through that list?
      >
      > Any idea how closely those match the 6.1 version of the board? A quick scan sounds like a close match, but I'm not sure what differences there might be between 6.0 and 6.1.
      >
      > Thanks for making me look AGAIN for build notes.

    • Don Parks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
        are there schematics available for the v4.0 softrock 40?

        Don  K4IJV

        On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

        Hi Matthew,

        I have only ever build the original v6.0 board, but just taking a quick look at the two schematics appear to be identical including the component numbering, except for R17 in the oscillator circuit from Q2 base to ground. In the v6.0 that had to be connected on the bottom of the PCB, appears the change to v6.1 is that it was then included on the PCB layout.

        I do have Tony's original build notes for the v6.0 RX, so if you want a copy of those, drop me an email directly so I can forward them on to you.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew" <utoxin@...> wrote:

        > Ahhh! Build Notes! Why haven't I noticed those two files in all the times I've been through that list?
        >
        > Any idea how closely those match the 6.1 version of the board? A quick scan sounds like a close match, but I'm not sure what differences there might be between 6.0 and 6.1.
        >
        > Thanks for making me look AGAIN for build notes.

      • Juhan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hi Don,

          ---Don Parks:

          > are there schematics available for the v4.0 softrock 40?

          http://www.amqrp.org/kits/softrock40/

          73!
          --
          Juhan ES5QX