RE: [softrock40] Softrock Lite II Receiver kit for 30 Meters

  • Jose V. Gavila
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hi all,

      >A 14.089 MHz crystal will give a 1/3 sub-harmonic sampled center frequency of
      >10.566 MHz. This center frequency would be nicely offset from the IF center
      >frequency of 10.55 MHz.
      >
      >I have stock in the 14.089 MHz crystal.
      >
      >73,
      >
      >Tony Parks
      >kb9yig@...

      I can testify that the 30m Lite II centered at 10.566MHz with that crystal is
      working perfectly on my FT-2000 + IF-2000 setup (10.55 MHz output) :-)

      Thanks, Tony!

      Regards,

      JOSE

      --
      73 EB5AGV - JOSE V. GAVILA - IM99sm La Canyada - Valencia (SPAIN)

      Vintage Radio and Test Equipment........... http://jvgavila.com
      RadioRepair BLOG............... http://radiorepair.blogspot.com
    • Hey!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hi JOSE,
        Thank you for that info. How did you get the kit with the 14.089 crystal? Are any of the other components on the 30M board different for use as an IF receiver? Same number of turns on the coils?

        73 Lee

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
          Hi Lee,

          >Thank you for that info. How did you get the kit with the 14.089 crystal? Are
          >any of the other components on the 30M board different for use as an IF
          >receiver? Same number of turns on the coils?

          I got the kit directly from Tony K9YIG. Only the crystal is different (in fact,
          I got an standard "Upgraded 30m Lite II" and an extra crystal)

          Regards,

          JOSE