Re: LF RX Ensemble kit

  • drmail377
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hi Tony, are these the same as the regular ensemble boards but with different filters? If so, you must be shipping a spool of wire to wind the toroids :-) Will these kits become a regular product or are they a on-of occurrence?

      Best 73's David

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Evening All,
      >
      > The first example of the LF RX Ensemble kit is built and playing properly on my XP machine with Rocky 3.6. The four BPFs select properly with band coverage 180kHz-400kHz, 400kHz-800kHz, 800kHz-1.6MHz, and 1.6MHz-3.0MHz.
      >
      > I still have three of the LF RX Ensemble kits available at a kit price of $52 plus $3 for US postage or $6 for DX postage. Please send me an e-mail if you would like to try the LF RX Ensemble receiver kit.
      >
      > Thanks for your interest in the kits.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hi David,

        The LF RX Ensemble board has an extra 74AC74 to result in a divide by 16 from the Si570 output to the QSD clocking.  This allows QSD clocking down to about 190 kHz.

        If there is enough interest in the kit then I will go to a production run of the kit.

        73,
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...
        http://www.kb9yig.com