Re: Image ? on Softrock V9 and PDSR V1.12 ?

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 25 , May 31, 2010
      Hi there,

      Surely reversing the audio leads would only reverse the sidebands i.e USB to LSB etc, which as they are apparently already the correct way around is not the solution, and would have no effect on the images?

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "pond.james_pond" <crusty@...> wrote:

      > You need to manually reverse the audio channels to stop the opposite direction type images while tuning.
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ronenp4" <ronen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for all of you for your comments
      > > Here are the answeres
      > > 1) I have a Stereo Sound Card Of course .....
      > > 2) the radio worked good with the 1.9.0-SR-40 version and this problem only came up with the Ver 1.12.0.7 of Christos ...
      > > so Why in the new version it exist and the old version no ?
      > > 3) the Automatic Image Reject Button os on and indeed i saw that few images disapeared with it but unfortenetly some new images apeared with the button presses ....
      > > 4) what is the manual ajustments ? i didnt knew about it how do i do it i may try to do it ...
      > > 5) the explain of the images signal apear 3x faster is close to what i see but i listened on 14MHz and 3x is 45 Meg and i dont think that something there exist to cause the problem .... but again why on one software it exist and other not at all ???
      > > 6) where can i get the Ver2 software ? i may try it too so a link to get it might be appreciated
      > > Please Advice
      > > Thanks Forward
      > > Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
      > > http://www.ronen.org
      > >

      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g8voip" <g8voi.reeves59@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Ronen,
      > > >
      > > > Do you have the 'EIA' Automatic Image rejection button 'turned on' in the DSP panel on the main display?
      > > >
      > > > You can also change the characteristics of the automatic image rejection response using the numbers / scroll box alongside the button.
      > > >
      > > > From memory higher number closer to one work quicker, but require stronger signals, lower number towards 0 is slower but works on signals towards the noise floor.
      > > >
      > > > 73, Bob G8VOI

    • pond.james_pond
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2010
        I had the same problem and was given this solution on the PowerSDR-IQ group and it worked, just passing it on.