Rocky questions

  • BD
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2010
      What's the most appropriate forum/user group for asking questions about Rocky?
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2010
        From: "BD"
        Subject: [softrock40] Rocky questions

        > What's the most appropriate forum/user group for asking questions about
        > Rocky?

        I don't know of any other than this one.

        What is your question?

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Brent DeWitt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
          I've recently been dabbling into using PSK31 via Rocky on my RXTX 6.3.  I've noticed that the I/Q out has frequent and non-periodic "clicks" during tranmission at a rate of one or two every couple of seconds.  This is true of the internal motherboard sound as well as two USB external devices, a Sound Blaster Extigy and a Turtle Beach output only dongle.  I've tried both the internal motherboard USB ports and a 4 port PCI USB 2.0 card with no noticable difference.  None of the clicks show up then any of the devices are used for sidetone audio out or music.  According to the task manager under Win XP, CPU usage is between15% and 20% for all operating processes combined.

          Any thoughts what might be causing this?  For that matter, should I be concerned?

          73,

          Brent - AB1LF