Production Schematic and Board Layout for Ensemble RX?

  • drmail377
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2010
      I saw a while back the schematics for the ensemble receiver were being finalized. I looked in the files area and can't find any downloads. The click mapped schematic on Robby's site is not downloadable and doesn't print completely in Firefox 3.6.

      Are the production boards the same size and layout as the boards on Robby's site? 4"x2.5"? If not posting the layout of the production boards in the files area would be nice too; it helps in selecting an enclosure while waiting for delivery.

      73's David WB4ONA
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2010
        Hi David,

        Robby's picture of the component placement, top and bottom of the 2 inch by 4.5 inch board, is up to date.  The schematic pages are good except for a couple typos that I will clean up later this morning.  Also, the wire supplied in the production kit is only #30 so all inductors in the BPF section of the kit will be wound with #30 wire.

        Thanks for your kit order.

        73,
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...
        http://www.kb9yig.com

        On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 04:40 +0000, drmail377 wrote:

        I saw a while back the schematics for the ensemble receiver were being finalized. I looked in the files area and can't find any downloads. The click mapped schematic on Robby's site is not downloadable and doesn't print completely in Firefox 3.6.

        Are the production boards the same size and layout as the boards on Robby's site? 4"x2.5"? If not posting the layout of the production boards in the files area would be nice too; it helps in selecting an enclosure while waiting for delivery.

        73's David WB4ONA

      • R R Robson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2010
          Tony:

          Send me the updated schematics in the usual form and I will update my files, plus add a download link for the pdf docs

          tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
          What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
          www.wb5rvz.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
            At risk of stating the obvious; please let us know here when your site is updated. Thanks, David

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R R Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

            > Tony:
            >
            > Send me the updated schematics in the usual form and I will update my files, plus add a download link for the pdf docs
            >
            > tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
            > What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
            > www.wb5rvz.com

          • drmail377
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 16, 2010
              Any updates on the Ensemble Rx production schematic? The beta full schematic on Robby's site here...

              http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemblerx/

              Is still a click map, so it cannot be downloaded and doesn't print a full page from my browsers. A couple of screen captures pasted together may be possible, but messy. I expect to receive my kit soon and it would be nice to have a full schematic to work from.

              Thanks... David WB4ONA

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "drmail377" <drmail377@...> wrote:

              > At risk of stating the obvious; please let us know here when your site is updated. Thanks, David
              >
              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R R Robson" <rrrobson@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Tony:
              > >
              > > Send me the updated schematics in the usual form and I will update my files, plus add a download link for the pdf docs
              > >
              > > tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
              > > What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
              > > www.wb5rvz.com

            • g8voip
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 16, 2010
                Hi David,

                The two complete PDF sheets can be downloaded from the kinks in the 'Experts' - terse builders notes sections. I believe these are the latest versions.

                73, Bob G8VOI

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "drmail377" <drmail377@...> wrote:

                > Any updates on the Ensemble Rx production schematic? The beta full schematic on Robby's site here...
                >
                > http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemblerx/
                >
                > Is still a click map, so it cannot be downloaded and doesn't print a full page from my browsers. A couple of screen captures pasted together may be possible, but messy. I expect to receive my kit soon and it would be nice to have a full schematic to work from.
                >
                > Thanks... David WB4ONA
                >
                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "drmail377" <drmail377@> wrote:
                > >
                > > At risk of stating the obvious; please let us know here when your site is updated. Thanks, David
                > >
                > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R R Robson" <rrrobson@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Tony:
                > > >
                > > > Send me the updated schematics in the usual form and I will update my files, plus add a download link for the pdf docs
                > > >
                > > > tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
                > > > What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
                > > > www.wb5rvz.com

              • g8voip
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 16, 2010
                  Oh dear, for 'kinks' read 'links'!

                  You can tell my mind is elsewhere, actually sat here building a beta of the LF Ensemble to test.

                  73, Bob G8VOI

                  > Hi David,
                  >
                  > The two complete PDF sheets can be downloaded from the kinks in the 'Experts' - terse builders notes sections. I believe these are the latest versions.
                  >
                  > 73, Bob G8VOI
                  >

                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "drmail377" <drmail377@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Any updates on the Ensemble Rx production schematic? The beta full schematic on Robby's site here...
                  > >
                  > > http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemblerx/
                  > >
                  > > Is still a click map, so it cannot be downloaded and doesn't print a full page from my browsers. A couple of screen captures pasted together may be possible, but messy. I expect to receive my kit soon and it would be nice to have a full schematic to work from.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks... David WB4ONA

                • Richard Robson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 16, 2010
                    Bob:

                    My web site has been called many things, but yours is the first reference to it that says it is kinky!

                    The schematic sheets (kinky stuff?) are at:
                    http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/sheet3.pdf

                    These (and the pcb layouts) will be changing shortly to reflect the latest (LF enhancement or whatever) updates to the Ensemble RX design.  I aqm not planning to maintain two different baselines for the Ensemble RX (original and later).

                    --
                    tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz