SoftRock V6 - 30M Q2 Query

  • n3hkn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2006
      I have no current from Q2 in the 30M V6. I am guessing that it is bad.
      The determination is made by the lack of any voltage drop across the
      499ohm resistor.??? There is a signal output from Q2 but apparently
      too low to clock/trigger the U2 counter. Which also says that Q2 may
      be shorted.

      Dick N3HKN.
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2006
        Hi Dick,

        I have built several of the 30m v6.0 SoftRock receiver in recent days where
        the oscillator circuit was the same as the 40m/80m circuit with the addition
        of a 22.1k resistor from the base of Q2 to ground. The signal at the
        collector of Q2 (pulse on 499 ohm R6) was about 2 v p-p with the lower peak
        at about 1 volt.

        If you have bad components in your kit, just let me know what I need to
        send. No cost to you for replacement of bad components.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        >I have no current from Q2 in the 30M V6. I am guessing that it is bad.
        > The determination is made by the lack of any voltage drop across the
        > 499ohm resistor.??? There is a signal output from Q2 but apparently
        > too low to clock/trigger the U2 counter. Which also says that Q2 may
        > be shorted.
        >
        > Dick N3HKN.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • n3hkn
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2006
          Tony,
          Thanks for the support... I will need one 2n3906 Q2 for the V6.

          Dick Boley
          38 Manorfield Circle
          Delmont, PA 15626

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dick,
          >
          > I have built several of the 30m v6.0 SoftRock receiver in recent
          days where
          > the oscillator circuit was the same as the 40m/80m circuit with the
          addition
          > of a 22.1k resistor from the base of Q2 to ground. The signal at the
          > collector of Q2 (pulse on 499 ohm R6) was about 2 v p-p with the
          lower peak
          > at about 1 volt.
          >
          > If you have bad components in your kit, just let me know what I need to
          > send. No cost to you for replacement of bad components.
          >
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2006
            Hi Dick,

            I will get the 2N3906 in the mail on Monday. If there are other items that
            you need with the 30m SoftRock, such as the caps for the BPF filter, send me
            an e-mail before Monday morning and I will include those parts with the
            transistor.

            73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            Thanks for the support... I will need one 2n3906 Q2 for the V6.

            Dick Boley
            38 Manorfield Circle
            Delmont, PA 15626

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dick,
            >
            > I have built several of the 30m v6.0 SoftRock receiver in recent
            days where
            > the oscillator circuit was the same as the 40m/80m circuit with the
            addition
            > of a 22.1k resistor from the base of Q2 to ground. The signal at the
            > collector of Q2 (pulse on 499 ohm R6) was about 2 v p-p with the
            lower peak
            > at about 1 volt.
            >
            > If you have bad components in your kit, just let me know what I need to
            > send. No cost to you for replacement of bad components.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

            Yahoo! Groups Links