More on the 30m v6.0 SoftRock kit

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2006
      I have made what I think is the final adjustment to the oscillator
      circuit for the 30m v6.0 SoftRock. I will list again the components
      that need to change from the 40m/80m v6.0 to get a 30m v6.0:

      C21=C23= 470pF
      C22= 180pF
      L1=0.85uH, 14 turns of #30 on a T30-2 core (wire through core center
      hole is counted as a turn)
      L2=2.2uH, 22 turns of #30 on a T30-2 core
      T1=14 turns of #30 for the primary on a T30-2 core, each secondary
      winding is 7 turns.

      C5= 100pF (same as 40m/80m circuit)
      C6 is not used (same as 40m/80m circuit)
      C7= 22pF see paragraph below for mounting of C7

      A 22.1k resistor is mounted horizontally and is connected between
      the grounded hole of the C6 location to the C7 hole nearest to R5.
      Bend the leads of the 22.2k resistor with a small radius close to
      the body of the resistor to get the resistor to fit in the space
      between the holes. C7 is mounted flat against the board on the
      underside of the board and is connected to its pads in the C7
      location.

      If anyone would like to build a v6.0 SoftRock for 30m, please
      contact Bruce Beford to get the 40.5 MHz crystal. When ask, I will
      ship a 40m/80m kit with the appropriate capacitors included for
      building the kit as a 30m receiver. Just state on any such order
      that you want the 30m components in place of the 40m/80m components.

      Thanks for your interest in the SoftRock project.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG