Re: [softrock40] Re: Soundblaster Audigy SE poor HF performance

  • Stewart Bryant
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2006

      gw4gte wrote:
      Hi Stewart,

      I'm also running the Audigy SE and get half the b/w I would have
      expected. Could I just check I'm doing the same as you >

      >From the EAX console, I'm selecting  rec / select recording format,

      and in the config window, "format,channel" on both WAV, mono and
      WAV, stereo is set to 96kHz, 24 bit.

      No I still have some MP3 mode selected - I never touched that.
      In the "surround mixer" window, REC is set to line-in.

      In the mixer I have everything with a red x except line in and master vol. I *think*
      that it was running this and selecting these options that switched into the correct
      driver mode.

      The spectrum is the right width in both PowerSDR and Rocky. I have
      not tried any of the other s/w yet.

      I will get the signal generator out this evening and check the balance.

      - Stewart

      Rocky and KGK both show half b/w spectrum.

      btw: Can't get this card working with PowerSDR. Any luck with yours?

      Also, I think this card needs delayed channel compensation - at
      least mine works better like that.

      Any comments appreciated

      cheers
      Dave  GW4GTE

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g3ysx" <stewart@...> wrote:

      Yes, instaling the creative s/w packages and running the mixer

      fixed it.

      I am not sure why.

      The mixer seemed to say that it was in line i/p mode when I ran it,
      but after toggling between mic and line a couple of times, and

      turning

      off the other i/p sources, I re-ran rocky and the b/w is now

      correct.

      Thanks

      Stewart G3YSX

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Lock." <g7jur@> wrote:

      Hi Stewart.
      I am using ths SoundCard, and it works very well.
      Make sure you have installed the " Creative EAX console".
      And set it to 24 bit 96kbs.
      Philip g7jur.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Bryant <stewart@>

      wrote:

      I have a soundblaster Audigy SE and I find that even
      in 96KHz sampling mode the the audio cutoff is about
      25KHz (i.e. I see about ± 30KHz of spectrum and
      at that point I am on the noise floor).

      The card seems to have a single universal analog
      input for mike/line etc, so I imagine that I am
      hitting the upper limit of the input amplifier.

      Is this normal for this card?

      Is there some config that I need to do?

      I have the aux connector connected is that making a
      difference?

      Do I need the digital interface unit to get it to work?

      Thanks

      Stewart G3YSX

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/