Re: SoftRock 6.1Carrier level

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 32 , May 4, 2010
      Hi Don,

      Not too sure what you are trying to do, or what SDR program you are running. Never seen any 'carrier level' adjustment in any program as far as I can remember, everything is dependant on the I/Q 'audio' drive level.

      In the absence of any TX I/Q drive signals from the sound card output, you should not get any RF output from your radio.

      If you are able to get 1W output on SSB, then it would appear to be working correctly, however you should not need to have any of the controls set anywhere near maximum. It is extremely easy to over drive the SoftRock's and the resultant signal is very poor. Far better and cleaned to keep the output down to around 500mW particularly for SSB use or if you intend to drive any other amplifiers. The 3dB difference in power level makes little real difference to the reports you receive, but does a lot to ensure a
      much cleaner signal.

      There will be some small leakage of the local oscillator through the PA, but usually that is 40dB or more down on the transmitted signal, so certainly nothing like 10mW.

      For CW operation, unlike a conventional transceiver, you must have the I/Q 'audio' drive present, otherwise again you will not get any RF output power.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Don Vosper" <don@...> wrote:

      > With Drive and Carrier Level both on 100% I appear to be getting only 10 mw of carrier into 50 Ohm load.
      > On ssb I can get 1W of drive with the mic level up near max which I guess is correct.
      > Is there an adjustment on the carrier level that I am missing?
      > Don m5aky
      > (Audigy 2 ZS, psdr 1.12.20)

    • Don Vosper
      Message 32 of 32 , May 4, 2010
        Christos.
        Thanks for the reply.
        I do not have VAC enabled and I am using MOX.
        I will check the result with TUN.
        Don m5aky