Re: [softrock40] Re: Received my kit

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 32 , May 2, 2010
      On Sun, 02 May 2010 10:16:08 -0400, Ken Chase <chase8043@...> wrote:

      Its been a couple days since I've been able to check messages here. Its a 2 prong iron so its not grounded so I will invest in a better one. The sheet metal on plywood grounded would be my work surface not for my feet. Anyways it will probably be a month before I'll be able to tackle the kit. Need to get some other tools before I can start. Thanks everyone for the advice/ideas and so looking forward to geting back to the hobby.

      73

      Ke

      You connect the plate to earth ground though a 470K to 1M resistor, you want to provide a leakage circuit to ground not a massive path for electrocution. A rapid discharge of static is just as destructive as picking up a massive charge.

      _,___

      --

      Cecil

      k5nwa

      thepartsplace.softrockradio.org www.dspradio.org

    • Don Vosper
      Message 32 of 32 , May 4, 2010
        Christos.
        Thanks for the reply.
        I do not have VAC enabled and I am using MOX.
        I will check the result with TUN.
        Don m5aky