Connection between the SoftRock v6 and DDS60

  • qrper723
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 2:39 AM
      Hi all,
      I've built the Softrock v6 and it works well now,a little bit
      sensitive than Softrock v4 and v5 I've experienced before.
      It's good MDS and I-Q correction using all of software Rocky,
      SDR,KGKSDR,SDRADIO and Winrad.Thanks Tony for your progress.

      Now I connect the DDS60 with KD1JV's MSDDS-AVR-Controller.
      I connext it to the center pin of JP1 but it doesn't work well.
      The situation is very unstable and sometimes does not receive.
      So I change the connection to the Base of Q2-2N3906 buffer and
      it works well. Receiving continuously.
      And I added the Band Switch for 40m/80m selection.

      Is there more better connection for DDS60?

      Hidehiko ja9mat
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 2:51 AM
        Hi Hidehiko,

        I think the DDS connection to the v6.0 through a 22 pF capacitor to the base
        of Q2 is a good way to use a DDS with the v6.0 board.

        Since the BPF on the 40m/80m SoftRock spans 80m to 40m, with the DDS
        connected you should be able to cover all the frequencies between the two
        bands. If you have a chance to test such operation please post what you
        see.

        Glad to hear the v6.0 is playing well for you.

        Thanks and 73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        > I've built the Softrock v6 and it works well now,a little bit
        > sensitive than Softrock v4 and v5 I've experienced before.
        > It's good MDS and I-Q correction using all of software Rocky,
        > SDR,KGKSDR,SDRADIO and Winrad.Thanks Tony for your progress.
        >
        > Now I connect the DDS60 with KD1JV's MSDDS-AVR-Controller.
        > I connext it to the center pin of JP1 but it doesn't work well.
        > The situation is very unstable and sometimes does not receive.
        > So I change the connection to the Base of Q2-2N3906 buffer and
        > it works well. Receiving continuously.
        > And I added the Band Switch for 40m/80m selection.
        >
        > Is there more better connection for DDS60?
        >
        > Hidehiko ja9mat
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • qrper723
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3 6:35 AM
          Tony,

          Thanks for reply.
          Your advice is okay!
          And I've measured the frequency response of SRv6's BPF.
          Actually the Bw is from 3.1MHz to 7.15MHz. Nice feature
          and good design.
          I will post this on the files folder.

          Hidehiko ja9mat