Re: [softrock40] Pre-production RX Ensemble build complete

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2010
      Nice, Gary. I can't wait for the production units to get stacked up on yours and others foundation! I tuned a bit with my V6.2 last night and have to agree that DXing on the AM BC band and settling down for an evening on 160 meters could not have gotten better propagation.

      Bruce, K2BET

      On 4/29/2010 11:33 AM, gyroradius wrote:

      Hi Folks,

      Here is a quick summary of my 160m- 10m build. The schematic (4/11/10) agrees 100% with the circuit board dated 4/12/10. Two intense sessions of 5 hours each spread over two days and it was done. This time included careful checking and verifying. I powered it up last night and tuned across each band, all was good. What a joy to have the connectors immediately available. I am using the latest V2 PSDR-IQ. I performed a qualitative A/B tests on 160m and 80m with a RX V 9.0 and to my ears both sounded the same. 160m noise level was low last night with several s9+ SSB signals; any radio would have sounded good.

      I will do some MDS checking after some rest!

      IMHO, this radio kit looks real good, build it correctly and it works!

      Gary, w2gnn

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5072 (20100429) __________

      http://www.eset.com