RE: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

  • Bill Davis Jr
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
        I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help

      Bill  K0AWU

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: kb9yig@...
      Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:12:55 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

      Good Evening All,

      Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.

      Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.

      I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.

      The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.

      Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG

    • ericwd9
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
        I would be willing to assemble and test one here.
        I will say however my test gear is all 1970s Marconi
        gear. Old and superseded like the OM here.

        Regards Eric VK5ZAG

        3 soft Rock lites, 3 6.3RXTX and 3 MoBo with VSWR now
        all assembled tested and running. Now working on LPFilters

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Davis Jr <CQbilld@...> wrote:

        > I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help
        >
        > Bill K0AWU
        >
        > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        > From: kb9yig@...
        > Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:12:55 +0000
        > Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

        > Good Evening All,
        >

        > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.
        >

        > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.
        >

        > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
        >

        > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.
        >

        > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.
        >

        > Thanks and 73,
        >
        > Tony KB9YIG

      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
          Thanks Eric but all four kits have been taken.

          Thanks and 73,
          Tony Parks
          kb9yig@...
          http://www.kb9yig.com

          On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 11:31 +0000, ericwd9 wrote:

          I would be willing to assemble and test one here.
          I will say however my test gear is all 1970s Marconi
          gear. Old and superseded like the OM here.

          Regards Eric VK5ZAG

          3 soft Rock lites, 3 6.3RXTX and 3 MoBo with VSWR now
          all assembled tested and running. Now working on LPFilters

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Davis Jr <CQbilld@...> wrote:

          > I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help
          >
          > Bill K0AWU
          >
          > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kb9yig@...
          > Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:12:55 +0000
          > Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

          > Good Evening All,
          >

          > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.
          >

          > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.
          >

          > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
          >

          > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.
          >

          > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.
          >

          > Thanks and 73,
          >
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Larry C
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
            Hi Tony,
            I would love to beta test this build. I have the time and the interest.
            I have a fair amount of test equipment, more than I should hi hi
            Just let me know and I will send you a payment.
            I will review and work with Robby, Supply build photos, notes, etc
            Thanks
            Larry
            WS3Z

            On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:12 PM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Mark J Dulcey
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
              On 4/1/2010 8:12 PM, kb9yig wrote:

              > Good Evening All,
              >
              > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be
              > interested in getting a few more testers involved.
              >
              > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to
              > get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have
              > four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for
              > pre-production testing of the kit.
              >
              > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a
              > reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the
              > kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
              >
              > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in
              > the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of
              > four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The
              > price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes
              > the postage.
              >
              > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an
              > RXTX Ensemble kit.

              Me, me, I'd like to build one...

              Mark Dulcey KE1L