RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 5:12 PM
      Good Evening All,

      Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.

      Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.

      I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.

      The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.

      Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • R R Robson
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 5:21 PM
        Anyone who is interested in Tony's offer and in building the kit in the staged fashion I use in my builder's notes is welcome to review my Ensemble BETA Builder's Notes and strongly encouraged, should they decide to follow my approach, to submit stage-end photos to me for inclusion in those notes.  I have begun the build, but I am using an earlier version (not the production version to which Tony refers).  Consequently, my notes contain pictures of completed stages which are fairly accurate, but not completely accurate representations of the production board.

        While you're at it, any comments/suggestions/corrections you may have to my notes are most welcomed.

        tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
        What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
        www.wb5rvz.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 5:42 PM
          What level of testing are you looking for?

          Pat
          WB2GBF

          On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:12 PM, kb9yig <kb9yig@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Bill Davis Jr
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 7:49 PM
              I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help

            Bill  K0AWU

            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2 4:31 AM
              I would be willing to assemble and test one here.
              I will say however my test gear is all 1970s Marconi
              gear. Old and superseded like the OM here.

              Regards Eric VK5ZAG

              3 soft Rock lites, 3 6.3RXTX and 3 MoBo with VSWR now
              all assembled tested and running. Now working on LPFilters

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Davis Jr <CQbilld@...> wrote:

              > I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help
              >
              > Bill K0AWU
              >
              > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              > From: kb9yig@...
              > Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:12:55 +0000
              > Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

              > Good Evening All,
              >

              > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.
              >

              > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.
              >

              > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
              >

              > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.
              >

              > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.
              >

              > Thanks and 73,
              >
              > Tony KB9YIG

            • Tony Parks
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2 4:35 AM
                Thanks Eric but all four kits have been taken.

                Thanks and 73,
                Tony Parks
                kb9yig@...
                http://www.kb9yig.com

                On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 11:31 +0000, ericwd9 wrote:

                I would be willing to assemble and test one here.
                I will say however my test gear is all 1970s Marconi
                gear. Old and superseded like the OM here.

                Regards Eric VK5ZAG

                3 soft Rock lites, 3 6.3RXTX and 3 MoBo with VSWR now
                all assembled tested and running. Now working on LPFilters

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Davis Jr <CQbilld@...> wrote:

                > I could do that if my kind of evaluations are of any help
                >
                > Bill K0AWU
                >
                > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                > From: kb9yig@...
                > Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:12:55 +0000
                > Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ensemble pre-production kit

                > Good Evening All,
                >

                > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be interested in getting a few more testers involved.
                >

                > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for pre-production testing of the kit.
                >

                > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
                >

                > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes the postage.
                >

                > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an RXTX Ensemble kit.
                >

                > Thanks and 73,
                >
                > Tony KB9YIG

              • Larry C
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2 4:47 AM
                  Hi Tony,
                  I would love to beta test this build. I have the time and the interest.
                  I have a fair amount of test equipment, more than I should hi hi
                  Just let me know and I will send you a payment.
                  I will review and work with Robby, Supply build photos, notes, etc
                  Thanks
                  Larry
                  WS3Z

[...]

                • Mark J Dulcey
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2 6:25 AM
                    On 4/1/2010 8:12 PM, kb9yig wrote:

                    > Good Evening All,
                    >
                    > Beta testing is going well on the RXTX Ensemble kit but I would be
                    > interested in getting a few more testers involved.
                    >
                    > Minor changes were recently made to the RXTX Ensemble circuit board to
                    > get it to what I believe will be the production configuration. I have
                    > four RXTX Ensemble boards coming in Wednesday of next week for
                    > pre-production testing of the kit.
                    >
                    > I am wanting to offer four pre-production RXTX Ensemble kits at a
                    > reduced price to four people who have the interest and time to build the
                    > kit and report on any issues found while building and testing the kit.
                    >
                    > The pre-production kit will contain all parts that will be provided in
                    > the production kit so that the kit may be build for operation on one of
                    > four band groups: 160m, or 80m/40m, or 30m/20m/17m, or 15m/12m/10m. The
                    > price of the pre-production kit is reduced to $50 per kit which includes
                    > the postage.
                    >
                    > Please contact me if you have an interest in building and testing an
                    > RXTX Ensemble kit.

                    Me, me, I'd like to build one...

                    Mark Dulcey KE1L