Fst3251 max frequency ?

  • daekt1
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hi !

      Are there any members of the group who know the max frequency of
      fst3251 ?

      73 vy OZ5AGK / Flemming
    • sv1eia
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Flemming,

        You can check the datasheet, it specifies something between 6.0ns to 6.5ns on the switching so it seems that it can go around 180MHz (/4 = 45MHz VFO)

        Why do you ask others for something that you can find easily on your own?

        73,
        SV1EIA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "daekt1" <daekt1@...> wrote:

        > Hi !
        >
        > Are there any members of the group who know the max frequency of
        > fst3251 ?
        >

        > 73 vy OZ5AGK / Flemming

      • Flemming Nielsen
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
          Hi sv1eia

          Datasheet is a god thing but it,s  not always that the data stays with in the specified field.

          Eks. si570 cmos , says 160mhz but I have one there works very well on 250mhz .
          I am  making some mods on the mobo 4,3 for the uhfsdr from wb6dhw . ( when it arrivals ) transformers ,Pa,ect .  The uhfsdr is finnish and works very well.

          One linie to the mobo and one for 2m , but I hope that I can have 4m-6m runnning on the mobo . Maybee also 2m.

          It,s good with some info from some one , there  have been playing with it in praxis !

          Best regards Flemming / oz5agk

          You can check the datasheet, it specifies something between 6.0ns to 6.5ns on the switching so it seems that it can go around 180MHz (/4 = 45MHz VFO)

          Why do you ask others for something that you can find easily on your own?

          73,
          SV1EIA

          --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "daekt1" <daekt1@...> wrote:

          > Hi !
          >
          > Are there any members of the group who know the max frequency of
          > fst3251 ?
          >

          > 73 vy OZ5AGK / Flemming

          Bruger du Yahoo!?
          Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
          http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
        • k5nwa
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
            The typical on time is 2.5 ns, I talked to one of the engineers that worked on that chip and he stated it's more like 1ns to get 90% conduction.

            The main problem with the device is that the turn on time is faster than the turn off time. This makes it have increasing noise with frequency.

            I did some experiments some time back where I had a special clock generator (4 quadrature clocks) that created clocks that had a few ns of space between I and Q  so that a switch could turn off completely before the next turned on and it made a big difference in noise at 10M and 6M.

            At 10:35 AM 4/1/2010, you wrote:

            Hi sv1eia

            Datasheet is a god thing but it,s  not always that the data stays with in the specified field.

            Eks. si570 cmos , says 160mhz but I have one there works very well on 250mhz .
            I am  making some mods on the mobo 4,3 for the uhfsdr from wb6dhw . ( when it arrivals ) transformers ,Pa,ect .  The uhfsdr is finnish and works very well.

            One linie to the mobo and one for 2m , but I hope that I can have 4m-6m runnning on the mobo . Maybee also 2m.

            It,s good with some info from some one , there  have been playing with it in praxis !

            Best regards Flemming / oz5agk

            You can check the datasheet, it specifies something between 6.0ns to 6.5ns on the switching so it seems that it can go around 180MHz (/4 = 45MHz VFO)

            Why do you ask others for something that you can find easily on your own?

            73,
            SV1EIA

            --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "daekt1" <daekt1@...> wrote:

            > Hi !
            >
            > Are there any members of the group who know the max frequency of
            > fst3251 ?
            >

            > 73 vy OZ5AGK / Flemming

            Bruger du Yahoo!?
            Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
            http://dk.mail.yahoo.com

            Cecil
            K5NWA
            www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com

          • Flemming Nielsen
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
              Hi Cecil.

              Thanks for your reply!

              I do not think that noise will be the problem because it only changes the filter and switch between tx and rx, not qsd circuits. . It may be possible at higher frequencies it will have a gain problem but fortunately UHFSDR has a high gain in the RX side. I was concerned about it should have an opamp after the bandpass filter but it is not necessary.

              2m is probably worth a try ! .

              I am a little worry about gain in ( on hf ) , because my antenna is only a 10 m long wire with a ( homemade made ) 1:9 balun to
              ground. Strong signals is not a problem here .With better antennas it maybe will be best with a 10 or 20db attenuator.

              Mobo PCBs are very kombatibelt (if you're a little creative) I have also used v 3.6 with 3. transverters and a separate si570
              pcb . There you must modify  transformer and  component to 28mhz between dbm and the stage to the rx side , and antenna direkt to the transverter pcb.

              This only works on rx side !
              It might be fun to mount the automatic band pass filter from kb9yig in the last of the 4 slots.
              Maybe there will be a gain loss!  2*2 fst32xx .
              I think that I will have a lot of fun with the new mobo!

              We could use a mobo pcb designed for the v 9 only for rx.

              73 vy OZ5AGk / Flemming

              You can check the datasheet, it specifies something between 6.0ns to 6.5ns on the switching so it seems that it can go around 180MHz (/4 = 45MHz VFO)

              Why do you ask others for something that you can find easily on your own?

              73,
              SV1EIA

              --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "daekt1" <daekt1@...> wrote:

              > Hi !
              >
              > Are there any members of the group who know the max frequency of
              > fst3251 ?
              >

              > 73 vy OZ5AGK / Flemming

              Bruger du Yahoo!?
              Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
              http://dk.mail. yahoo.com

              Cecil
              K5NWA
              www.softrockradio. org  www.qrpradio. com

              Bruger du Yahoo!?
              Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
              http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
            • Michael
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 5, 2012
                What was the verdict on the max freq passed through? Did it make it to 600mhz-the or higher?

                Mike KC7NOA