Re: Questions about SDR-SHELL and Qiusk

  • ra3tes
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "glenoverby" <goverby@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@> wrote:
      > > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
      > >
      > > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
      >
      > dttsp doesn't have an IQ auto-balancer like Quisk does (I wish it had). If you look under CFG (lower right hand of the screen) in the IQ box, there is an IQ balance box. I've never gotten that to work well for me though.
      >
      > > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
      > > example for sdr-shell
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
      >
      > You need to run the usbsoftrock calibration to get the 'Crystal' frequency, which you then hand back to usbsoftrock using the -x commandline argument.
      >
      > Glen, kc0iyt

      I am understand abot frequency. I was try IQ balance under CFG, no effects.
    • ra3tes
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ra3tes" <a66@...> wrote:

        > Hi for All.
        > I am try to use sdr-shell? some questions.
        >
        > 1. I can't Balans IQ for RX.
        > 2. Real freq not equal indicated freq in sdr-shell and quisk.
        > example for sdr-shell
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1610100968/pic/108086131/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
        >
        > It is working in IF mode may be? how I may to cange it ? I was try cange in CFG (sdr-shell) - no effects
        > it is all for now.
        > Sorry for my English :-)

        Question 3
        May I change scale of frequency in spectrum frame ?
      • visierl
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2010
          In Quisk the scale of the spectrum display is whatever makes the
          full bandwidth of your sound card (in my case 48Khz for a 48KHz sampling rate card) fit on the screen. It would be a "simple matter of programming," as they say, to change that to something else. I am pretty sure the code in question is written in Python.

          I have wanted to play with writing a Zoom-In, Zoom-Out feature with the spectrum display in quisk, but have not gotten around to doing it.

          Eric
          AC0OP

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2010
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "visierl" <eric@...> wrote:

            > In Quisk the scale of the spectrum display is whatever makes the
            > full bandwidth of your sound card (in my case 48Khz for a 48KHz sampling rate card) fit on the screen. It would be a "simple matter of programming," as they say, to change that to something else. I am pretty sure the code in question is written in Python.
            >
            > I have wanted to play with writing a Zoom-In, Zoom-Out feature with the spectrum display in quisk, but have not gotten around to doing it.
            >
            > Eric
            > AC0OP
            I am say abt Sdr-shell
            may I change scale ?